Thomas and I always pop into the Patagonia store in SF before we leave for a more outdoorsy trip. Earlier in the year, I bought this Nano Puff Hoody for our trip to Alaska, which was such a great investment. It’s the perfect combination of being light enough for mild weather and warm enough for cold weather. I wear it all the time on early morning walks to the gym or weekend hikes. This time around, I bought this Down Vest that comes in a few different colors.
On our first afternoon at Dunton, we walked to the edge of the property where we heard rushing water. We turned to our left and walked up a small hill, and were so pleased to find a waterfall at the end of the snow covered forest. I think that was the moment Thomas said, “Are we in Narnia?” It was absolutely magical!
I couldn’t have survived in the snow without these Sorel boots. They are my first pair of Sorels and I’m hooked. I bought a half size down, which still left room for thick socks. Even on my first wear, they were super comfy and not once did my feet get wet or cold.
We flew into Colorado on the morning of my birthday. When we arrived at the property, we promptly ordered hot chocolate and had a snowball fight outside. It snowed all afternoon while we cuddled up inside reading books and relaxing. I usually have a hard time “shutting down”, but there was something so calming about Dunton.
Where are some of the best places you’ve ever been to for a winter wonderland? We’re talking about possibly taking a trip to Whistler or Jackson Hole. I would love any recommendations for later in the season!
You May Also Like
- Sunrise & Sunset on Lake Massawippi Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Emerald Bay Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California
- Iceland Itinerary Part 1 Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Europe, Activities, Travel Guide
- Summer in Wyoming Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Iceland Itinerary Part 3 Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, video, Style, Seasonal, Winter, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide, Video
- The Last Frontier Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Joshua Tree Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Shoes, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Fall, Hotels, Travel Guide, California, Restaurants