There are many perks of working from home but at the same time, there are some downsides to it as well. With a large workflow always on my plate, keeping motivated isn’t really an issue for me (plus I love what I do!), but it’s more about the feeling of a community and being around other people. I love being around other people, I feed off the energy! When Thomas joined Gal Meets Glam full time last October, I was so excited to finally have someone to bounce all of my ideas off of. We could finally start working on projects we’d both been dreaming of. It was great! But we both still get in that funk sometimes and just need to get out of the house.
T and I got in the habit of switching from the office to a coffee shop whenever we feel like we need a little breather. Whether the internet is down, there is loud construction outside or we just need to be in a new space to get inspiration, we have a few places around the city that we love. Ashley’s Cafe in the Inner Richmond is always a quiet spot that has great chai lattes and good food. A few other places we love are The Mill (but only good for brainstorming & toast- there is no wifi), Jane on Fillmore, Coffee Bar, Le Marais in the Marina and Sightglass Coffee in Soma.
I’ve been a fan of Lo & Sons bags for a long time. I have the OG (my first bag), the Catalina (seen last in this post, it’s a great weekender!) and my newest one, the Seville Laptop Bag. Just like its sister bags, this one is particularly amazing for the quality and storage. It has a specific place for my laptop (unlike other totes I have) and lots of compartments for little things like keys, wallet, phone, pens, notebooks and other randoms I throw in last minute. Plus, it fits bigger laptops up to 15″.
One of my favorite features of the Seville bag is that you can switch the outer shell. I initially picked out the classic black but also got the red, which I’ve ended up using more. The inner bag easily unsnaps and allows you to switch to either red, navy or black. Lo & Sons are always so creative with the details of their bags, which is why I’ve been such a loyal customer! I’ve recommended them to almost all of my family and friends.
I gotta say that the red is probably my favorite color. I’ve been wearing so many neutrals this season and lots of monochromatic looks, so a pop of color is always nice. It’s a great contrast against my cream combination (these two J.Crew pieces- coat & sweater- are on constant repeat) and black accessories. But if you’re more of a neutral lover, the navy or black would be perfect!
You May Also Like
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Pearly Whites Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions
- Tips For Staying Motivated With A New Season & Time Change Posted in Discussions
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- 2015 Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Holiday, Style
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Flouncy Tiered Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston