This Christmas, with Thomas and I going out of town for the holiday, we decided to buy a fake Christmas tree. While it’s extremely low maintenance and looks great, we were missing one key thing, that Christmas tree scent that fills the house. So we decided to head out in search of a Christmas tree farm to experience the scent of the holiday season. We found the most adorable Christmas tree farm – Grandma Buddy’s Christmas Trees in Sebastopol, CA. The rustic charm of this vintage farmhouse, decorated with freshly cut evergreen garlands and swag adorned with red bows, made for a very picturesque setting. Thomas and I loved walking through the perfectly symmetrical trees with their sweet pine smell. We hunted for the perfect holiday wreath, and found it in a large mix of different evergreens, red berries, and frosted pine cones.
It was pouring rain when we hit the road in the morning and was sprinkling when we arrived to the tree farm, so we were the only people there aside from one determined family all bundled up in rain jackets and wellies. We were nervous that we had missed all the trees since many of the farms in the surrounding area closed early due to selling out too quickly. Luckily, we found this gem that had just what we were looking for. We wandered around the property before heading inside to warm up by the fire and sip some hot cocoa they had waiting for guests. Pretty ideal, right?
My red J.Crew toggle coat, plaid shirt, dark denim and boots fit-in with the country-styled holiday decor. Getting dressed up for the activity is always part of the fun! I actually had previously bought my mom this coat in a dark green shade and was happy to get one for myself. The red really pops amongst the evergreens and pine trees and a swipe of red lipstick is always my holiday go-to.
Maybe next year I can convince Thomas to get a real tree, but until then, we’ll stick to Christmas smelling candles and wreaths to set the mood in our place. We headed home with our beautiful new decor, muddy boots and pockets filled with candy canes.
Once home, I quickly changed in preparation for a little holiday get together with friends. I wanted to wear something colorful and fun, and opted for a casual white cotton turtleneck and classic fair isle sweater mixed with a pair of flashy forest green jacquard pants, sparkly blazer, glam statement earrings, and black stilettos. After spending the late afternoon adding finishing touches to our Christmas decor, our home was holiday ready for our friends to arrive, filled with the delicious scent of pine from our new Christmas wreath. It was definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
This wool blazer from J.Crew is a great piece that will last beyond just the holiday season. The tiny amount of sparkle is festive but not too much for everyday. It’s fitted perfectly but leaves just enough room for a few layers underneath- this embellished fair isle sweater & this thin white turtleneck.
We finished hanging old ornaments my mom brought over, adding childhood memories to our mostly-new tree decor.
Even though we won’t be home to celebrate actual Christmas day under our tree, the weeks leading up to the holiday are just as fun. It’s activities and moments spent with friends & family that really make this time of year so special.
Thank you to J.Crew for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Emerald Bay Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California
- Gold Sequin Blazer + Edie Parker Clutch Giveaway Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter
- Holiday Red Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter
- Weekend Trip To Napa Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Restaurants
- Winter in NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, food, Travel, fashion week, Style, Accessories, Bags, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hair, Activities, Restaurants
- Newton Vineyard Wine Tasting Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Fall, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California
- Holiday Style Posted in Julia's Style
- Star Print PJs Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Home, Decor
- Museum To Cocktails Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California, San Francisco, Restaurants