I rarely wear all black, so when I do, it still has to have something that pops or makes the outfit have character. Last week, as we were running around trying to finish up work and get ready for our guests, I slipped into this all-black look more out of ease than anything else. But after it was on, I realized it was probably my favorite colorless outfit yet. The combination of textures and fabrics- silk, leather and a bit of sparkle- all made the look feel much more than just basic black.
Today I’m super excited to feature EDITION, the new high-end luxury collection by Express that just launched today! This military inspired jacket is my absolute favorite piece from this look. With its emphasis on luxury fabrics and an updated classic look it’s a great collection to shop for the holidays. I can imagine adding this jacket to a silky dress or pair with wide leg trousers for holiday parties.
A great pair of leather pants will always be chic and timeless. They’re sexy but understated- even when paired with a chunky oversized sweater. This pair from the EDITION collection fits me absolutely perfectly, which doesn’t always happen.
The last piece that completed the look was this gorgeous silk blouse that would dance in the wind as I walked. It flowed beautifully under my jacket with a bit of black lace peeking out from my bra under the sheer fabric.
You can check out the entire Express EDITION collection here online and in select stores.
Thank you to Express for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Glam Date Night Posted in Julia's Style
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Classic Black & White Blazer Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Golden Hour At Home Posted in Julia's Style
- Dressing For Date Night Posted in Julia's Style
- Feminine Meets Masculine Posted in Julia's Style
- Cuyana Spring Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- DVF Chiffon Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Stripe Over Stripe Posted in Julia's Style