A few weeks ago, my girlfriend Rose and her fellow came to visit me and Thomas from London. It was one of the best weeks I’ve had in a long time. We had my family coming in from out of town for Thanksgiving and post celebrations with Thomas’s family the day after. I recently read that spending a certain amount of hours with close friends and family ups your happiness level and that’s exactly how I felt the whole time. So incredibly happy and thankful for these awesome human beings in my life and getting them all in the same place at the same time. Cheesy, I know, but it was just a really good time.
It was fun playing tour guide in San Francisco, but we couldn’t let our friends leave without a weekend trip to Napa. It’s one of our favorite places in the world, so of course we put it on the schedule. We woke up early on Saturday morning and packed the car with weekend bags, cameras and too many shoes and headed off across the Golden Gate Bridge towards wine country. Rose and I distracted ourselves with slo-mo singing snapchats while the guys wished they had headphones, but before we knew it, we were pulling up to Boon Fly Cafe for brunch. It’s one of my personal favorite spots for breakfast in Napa- make sure you don’t miss the donut holes! We ordered a round of mimosas, each ordered an egg dish and got the pancakes for the “table” before rolling back to the car.
It was already reaching the early afternoon by the time we arrived to our hotel and checked in. We were greeted with wine before roaming around the property trying to chase the afternoon sun. We started our stay at Auberge du Soleil (my first time staying there) which has an incredible vantage point overlooking Napa Valley.
We ended our afternoon with a tasting at one of my favorite wineries, Frog’s Leap, just a few minutes from Auberge. We knew it was the perfect first stop to take our friends. The grounds of the property are beautiful and the wine is amazing- a win/win combination. It’s the sort of spot where you want to post up for a few hours to relax, listen to the birds chirping, and the buzzing noise of excited wine tasters, and let the sun take you into a daze.
^I rarely meet someone with thicker hair than myself and Rose might just top mine.
The weather in Napa was ideal. While it was late in the season, the colors were still as vibrant as the beginning of fall. The vineyards were full of color ranging from deep reds to bright yellows, greens and orange. While the air was crisp, the sun added a nice glow that made it not too cold. I wore my camel Vince coat, a soft J.Crew Turtleneck and coated skinny jeans for a relaxed weekend look. Napa is pretty low-key so this sort of combination is always an easy go-to.
Napa was sure showing off its beauty for our guests! It was their first time and one of the prettiest trips we’ve ever spent there. Weekends like those are the best when shared with friends. My stomach ached from laughter- Rose is one of the funniest people I’ve ever met and Thomas always has me rolling. At least one thing we for sure were not missing from the weekend was a boat load of photos, thanks to our sweet gentlemen.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Winter in NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, food, Travel, fashion week, Style, Accessories, Bags, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hair, Activities, Restaurants
- White Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, California, Restaurants
- Light Pink Loafers Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Bows, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, California, San Francisco, Restaurants
- Museum To Cocktails Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California, San Francisco, Restaurants
- Santa Barbara Farmer’s Market Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, California
- Emerald Bay Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California
- A Very Merry Holiday Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Jewelry
- Sunrise on Sullivan’s Island Posted in Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Activities
- Joshua Tree Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Shoes, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Fall, Hotels, Travel Guide, California, Restaurants