Thomas and I arrived home from Carmel on Friday afternoon after spending the week with our family to celebrate the New Year. We’re two people who rarely like to sit for longer than we need to, but a mix of rain and savoring the last bit of vacation had us cuddled up on the couch all Saturday. We’re deeply invested in The Walking Dead right (don’t start because you won’t be able to stop), so that pretty much filled up our Friday night and Saturday, aside from a trip to the market.
On Sunday, we promised ourselves we would spend most of the day outdoors to make up for our prior laziness. We started with a hike in Muir Woods and brunch in Marin, followed by an evening trip to Black Sand Beach. It’s just a quick 15 minute drive over the Golden Gate Bridge for us, but somehow we had never been to this particular beach. We’d seen it from various look-out points in the Marin Headlands, but never made the effort to go. We walked a short distance down, where we were greeted with these gorgeous views.
I bought these Paige denim black coated skinny jeans last November after my favorite pair wore down and weren’t really considered “coated” anymore. They’ve become a staple in my closet, worn just as much as any other pair of jeans I own, if not more. I love this particular pair because they haven’t stretched out at all and the black hasn’t faded. I bundled up in this plaid Paige coat– just as cozy and warm as it looks! Topped off with a beanie and my Hunter boots and I was all set to stay warm and dry (or so I thought….)
^ That second picture was taken right before I was hit with a huge wave, filling my boots up with water. That was the sign that it was time to go home!
We hardly had a sunset on this evening because the sky was so overcast, but it created an eery mist that was just as beautiful. I love the stark contrast of the color of the water and white foam against the black sand. If you’re near by and haven’t been Black Sand Beach, you must! It’s on our list now to visit at sunrise. Maybe I’ll see you out there…?
Thank you to Shopstyle for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Marin Headlands Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, San Francisco
- Mount Tamalpais Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, Travel Guide, San Francisco
- This Flower Farm Will Make You Want To Become A Flower Farmer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Summer In Ireland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Activities
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Emerald Bay Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Week of Rain Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, California, San Francisco