My favorite part of my job as a content creator and blogger is the discovery and exploration. Whether we’re just out exploring for ourselves or looking for something specific for a brand, I absolutely love finding beautiful locations. Thomas and I sometimes spend hours trying to narrow down the perfect spot, but other times, it finds us. Just past Muir Woods lies Mount Tamalpais, the highest peak in the Marin Hills. We’d been meaning to make a trip (it’s only about 40 minutes from us) and finally made time earlier this week. It was absolutely breathtaking. We kept saying to each other “I can’t believe it’s taken us this long to come over here”.
The fog started to roll in around 4:30, bringing a cool front with it. We were enjoying the warmth of the sunshine before that, but wishing we had more layers after. I wore this Old Navy jacket that I’m totally in love with because of its adorable yellow and navy striped lining. It’s got the most perfect oversized, relaxed style and is currently on sale for $40! I wore it with this classic blue oxford shirt and white skinny jeans paired with my hunters to save another pair of shoes from getting muddy. The best part about these white Old Navy jeans is that they’re made with their newest “stay white” technology that resists spills and stains (and mud!), so you don’t have to worry about ruining your jeans while being out and about.
Aside from being a great place to hike, one of coolest parts of Mount Tam are the views. You can see a perfect skyline of the city through the thick, green forest. On the west side, you can see Stinson Beach. The rolling hills and winding roads also make for a pretty picture if you pull over at one of the lookout stops. We stopped a lot, hiking up various hills to get a vantage point. We’re planning on making another trip to do more of a real hike and packing the car with a picnic basket to enjoy after.
A few of my favorite budget friendly items from Old Navy right now also include this yellow trench that I would pair with this navy striped tee, this white denim jacket and this striped hoodie that just looks like the most cozy thing ever. A few other pieces that I would highly recommend adding if you don’t have similar ones already- this classic trench coat, this chambray top and this striped blazer.
Thank you to Old Navy for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Marin Headlands Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, San Francisco
- Black Sand Beach Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, San Francisco
- This Flower Farm Will Make You Want To Become A Flower Farmer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Picnic in Mount Tam Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California, San Francisco
- Point Reyes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California
- Muir Woods Hike Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, fitness, Style, Casual, Activities, Travel Guide, San Francisco
- Winter Bright Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Sunday Farmer’s Market Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Sausalito Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, San Francisco