Instead of setting fitness goals this year, I’ve decided to just focus more on physical activities that I enjoy and doing more of them. For me? That’s spin and pilates classes, hot yoga and hikes. One major thing I did for myself last year was to rearrange how I was managing my workflow. With all that we have on our plate combined with a good amount of travel, I was staying up way too late, which made getting up at 5am for a workout a bit more difficult. I decided to focus on getting the most important parts of my work done in the first half of my day, making it easier to switch off by 8pm and be in bed by 10/11. I’ve been pretty consistent with my routine (except for some late night deadlines here and there) but it really has had a huge impact on my energy level and overall happiness.
I’ve mentioned it before, but I hate the feeling of not doing something or “wasting time” knowing that there is something I could be getting done. It’s a problem I actually struggle with- Thomas always has to remind me that it’s okay to relax. I workout to not only stay in shape but because it makes me feel strong and confident and I always leave in such a great state of mind. Since I like to take a lot of workout classes inside, it’s nice to switch things up and get outside with a hike in the Marin Headlands or Muir Woods.
Last Sunday, Thomas and I woke up early to a grey and raining morning. Our muscles were sore from a Soul Cycle class the day before, but we promised ourselves we would get out of the house and be outside, so we made our way over to Muir Woods. It’s amazing what a little fresh air can do for you! Even though we were a little cold and wet, we kept going because it was just too beautiful outside to go back.
When I’m shopping for workout clothes I look for two things- Is it comfortable? Does it flatter my body? I don’t follow any trends and instead just focus on those two things. Over the years, I keep going back to the same pieces- black leggings, fitted zip-ups and a lightweight tank. For the cool morning, I layered on all of those same items: my Express EXP Core leggings, this Express EXP Core top and this Express EXP Core jacket. Simple and easy is the way to go.
Thank you to Express for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Mount Tamalpais Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, Travel Guide, San Francisco
- Museum To Cocktails Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California, San Francisco, Restaurants
- Easy Travel Style Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall, Packing
- Travel Style Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Packing
- Joshua Tree Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Shoes, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Fall, Hotels, Travel Guide, California, Restaurants
- Black Sand Beach Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, San Francisco
- Picnic in Mount Tam Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California, San Francisco
- Healthy Start Posted in fitness
- San Francisco Flower Mart Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California, San Francisco