I bought this Club Monaco jacket a few years ago as my first “nice” leather jacket purchase. It’s still one of the best pieces I’ve added to my wardrobe and has been one of my go-tos ever since. I could easily say that my denim and leather jacket are the two most-worn outerwear pieces I have. Because of the mild weather in San Francisco, jackets that are versatile year round get the most wear, and these two have proven to pair with basically everything.
I last wore this leather jacket on the blog here over this lace dress (that’s now available in pink & blue). One of my favorite looks is a mix of feminine with a bit of masculine- leather paired with lace or denim with silk. It makes the softer, more delicate pieces stand out even more when it’s juxtaposed against a completely different texture. Having a great leather jacket that looks just as good over a flowy summer dress as it does paired with jeans and a tee is essential in every women’s wardrobe and I love this one, similar to the one I’m wearing here.
I’m packing up for NYC today and even though I won’t be able to wear lacey tops and lighter layers, I will be bringing these Joe’s Jeans and taking inspo from this navy and black color combo. With snow in the forecast, it’ll be more like heavy coats and lots of layers but the basics usually stay the same. I like to pair tights or really thin leggings under my jeans and this pair is extra stretchy, so they’ll be perfect.
Thank you to Shopstyle for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Gold Paris Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Summer in Seattle Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Suede Trench Coat Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Restaurants
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Top Of The Rock Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- Blue Lace Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Seasonal, Spring
- The Bow Detail Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- Winter in NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, food, Travel, fashion week, Style, Accessories, Bags, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hair, Activities, Restaurants