New York Fashion Week is already upon us and our time in NYC flew by! I was thrilled to be working with TRESemmé again this season, sharing hairstyles inspired by the runway, going backstage to some of my favorite shows and showcasing the looks I created alongside the stylists I worked with. On the first day, we went for old Hollywood glam curls- big and voluptuous in volume. This has always been one of my favorite ways to wear my hair (I did something similar for my wedding) and TRESemmé was able to perfect it for me.
TRESemmé had the cutest little mirror station set up for me, making me feel quite official! I sat down with Joanna, who I’ve also worked with in past seasons, to come up with the look we wanted to create for the day. She’s killer at taking an idea and bringing it to life. She first added a bit of texture to my clean hair with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Touchable Bounce Mousse before curling it with a wide barrel curling iron. She then pinned the curls and sprayed them with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Flexible Finish Hairspray to set the curls so they would last.
After she had completed my whole head of hair, she took out the pins and brushed my hair out. Next step was making a deep side part and finishing it off with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Flexible Finish Hairspray so that the look would last all day. I loved the results and was ready for a day of shows!
We had a few meetings before our first show, Marissa Webb, so we snapped some pics quickly near Gramercy Park. This was before NYC became almost unbearably cold, so it was still nice enough to walk around. I stayed warm in this Charlotte Simone faux fur scarf, Frame leather pants and Dice Kayek blazer with a cashmere turtleneck underneath. Getting ready this time of year is all about the layers, so I added as many as I could.
We stayed in Tribeca this year, one of my favorite neighborhoods in NYC. We found Maman, a darling cozy cafe, which was right around the corner from our hotel. We grabbed a quick bite to eat- avocado toast and quiche- before heading back out to fulfill the rest of our fashion week duties.
My curls lasted all day long, keeping the bounce and shine that I love. If you follow along on Instagram, you might have seen the other hairstyles we created during the week, so stay tuned for a tutorial coming soon on this look, that was my favorite!
This post is sponsored by TRESemmé, a product by Unilever.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Winter in NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, food, Travel, fashion week, Style, Accessories, Bags, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hair, Activities, Restaurants
- Repair And Protect Your Hair Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- These Are The 10 Beauty Products I Buy From Whole Foods Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Makeup, Skin
- Vintage Curls Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair, Video
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Kerastase Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, Style, Accessories, Classic, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Jewelry
- Valentine’s Love Posted in Julia's Style, thomas, food, Travel, Holiday, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bows, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hotels, Restaurants
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall