These are the last bit of photos from our time in NYC for fashion week. We usually shoot much more and take full advantage of being in the city, walking a lot, visiting Central Park and going to different neighborhoods. But this trip, we only ventured where we needed to be and spent as little time outside as we possibly could have. At one point, the mayor encouraged everyone to stay inside, so we took his advice and cancelled the rest of our day- ordering way too much room service and hot tea.
I wanted to do a fun up-do on the second day of fashion week, but my stylist and I both agreed that it needed to be left down so I could stay warm with a beanie. So, with the limited options, we went with loose curls. He did them a bit tighter than I normally wear my waves and curling the ends (which I usually leave out). The results were subtle and pretty and still let me bundle up for the weather.
Our first stop for the day was to the Rainbow Room for the Kate Spade presentation, which is always a favorite of mine. The shows I enjoy going to the most are the ones I actually wear, so I get really excited about what’s to come for the next season and make mental notes on what I need to get my hands on.
I wore this winter white look consisting of this Ann Taylor white jacket (that I wore earlier in the week here), these old wide legs pants by Chelsea28, a white turtleneck and beanie. I walked outside in only this and quickly rushed back up to our room to grab my big coat. As many layers as I could possibly add were needed. In between events and shows, we stopped by Cafe Henrie for lunch and did a quick little circle around Tribeca to check out more of the neighborhood.
On our last day of fashion week, I started off my morning getting my hair done with a TRESemmé stylist in my room. I wanted to do something romantic and feminine but with a little bit of messiness to it. I was in love with the results- this twisted, deconstructed side braid. I’ll be re-creating this look in a tutorial soon!
We first stopped by the Rachel Zoe presentation that was filled with monochromatic looks with lace and sparkle throughout. However, I couldn’t keep my eyes off the hair! The pulled back, triple fishtail braid was too gorgeous to ignore. This is also a look I want to try and recreate at home, but it might take me a while to nail down on my own. Next, we went to the J.Crew presentation which had me wanting to steal the clothes right off the models. Um, hello pink coat below! So much color, so much goodness.
I picked up this J.Crew blazer for Spring and I thought it would be a nice pop of color to my fashion week looks, which were pretty neutral this year. Unfortunately, I again had to layer it under my big coat, but we shot a few snaps inside so I could show off the full side braid and outfit on its own. I layered this striped turtleneck and a faux fur scarf to finish off the look.
This post is sponsored by TRESemmé, a product by Unilever.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Gramercy Park Posted in tutorial, Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, food, Travel, fashion week, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Hotels, Restaurants
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- White Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, California, Restaurants
- Suede Trench Coat Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Restaurants
- Venice to Burano Island Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Silk Top & Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Summer
- Portofino Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Hats, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Weekend Trip To Napa Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Restaurants
- Styling A Slip Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall