I’ve been over the moon with excitement every time someone sends me a snapchat, tweet, email or Insta pic with the image from my Banana Republic shoot that’s in all of their stores right now. I got to shoot with them late last year down in LA (see picture above) along with some other awesome ladies and it’s pretty wild to see it finally out! Checkout Banana Republic’s Instagram (@bananarepublic) to see more shots and videos from the shoot. It’s definitely one of the coolest opportunities I’ve had and I want to thank the Banana Republic team and everyone involved for having me! I took to the streets of SF to re-style the same maxi dress I wore for the shoot and remix it two different ways.
In my opinion, maxi dresses should be two things: breezy and romantic. This grecian inspired one from Banana Republic checks off both categories with its silky fabric and front slits. I often transition my maxi dresses into maxi skirts by adding a sweater or button-up over. This time I pulled over this fringe dot sweater to add a bit of warmth on a windy afternoon.
The second way I styled the dress was by adding a belt to accentuate the waist and then topped it off with a blush colored cardigan. I love the combination of the bright cobalt blue against the soft pink for spring. I also wore these BR lace flats in the versatile stone wash with both looks.
The maxi dress also comes in a gorgeous deep hunter color as well as a mixed floral print. A few more spring styles I’m loving from BR include this colorful stripe coat, this ruffled layered tank, this embellished pullover, this peplum dress, this floral strappy dress and this lace peplum top.
Thank you to Banana Republic (#itsbanana) for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Kew Gardens Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Dressed Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Light Pink Loafers Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Bows, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, California, San Francisco, Restaurants
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Suede Trench Coat Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Restaurants
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Peonies Posted in Julia's Style
- The Plaid Coat Posted in Julia's Style
- White Eyelet Dress Posted in misc