One look that’s been my favorite for years and years is wearing a ribbon in my hair. Some might think it appears young, but I love the romantic touch it adds to certain styles. I posted this post on GMG Now earlier talking about six of my go-to ways to wear a ribbon in my hair, with a side or low pony being the most worn. I have a bag of ribbons I’ve collected over the years from gifts, shopping bags and ones that I’ve bought at paper goods stores and always have at least a few options in my toiletry bag to add to my hair just in case. Yesterday I did just that by sweeping my hair to one side with a light pink ribbon, letting a fews hairs come loose so the ponytail looked more relaxed and effortless as the day went by.
Club Monaco has always been one of my favorite stores but this spring/summer collection is really one of the best yet. I wore this french blue bow skirt in this post and also picked up this ruffled sleeve top (last seen here) and these floral pants along with it. These pants are easily the best fitting pair I own- they have a slight stretch to them and the ankle crop hits at just the right spot. They also come in simple black, tan and white, which are both great for work wear.
My Chanel flats are without a doubt the most worn items in my closet. I wear them almost every day. You really can’t go wrong with a classic pair of quilted ballet flats. If you’re looking for a more affordable pair, I found a few styles under $100 here, here, here, here, and here (under $20),
This darling jumper from Club Monaco has the same print as the pants I’m wearing as well as this maxi dress and this silk blouse in a lighter shade. A few more pieces I’m loving include this light blue ruffled off the shoulder dress, this seerksucker dress, this scalloped skirt and this swiss dot white top.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- White and Blue Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- A Week of Rain Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, California, San Francisco
- Exploring the Cotswolds Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bows, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Silk Top & Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Summer
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Blue Lace Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Seasonal, Spring
- April Flowers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall