As someone who travels often, I’ve developed a sort of uniform for my travel style. Even though it’s not always the same thing and depends on where I’m traveling to, I have a few go-to pieces that I almost never travel without. I’m not someone who wears sweats while traveling but you’ll also never find me in heels. I’ve found that a good balance of comfort and simplicity is best while on the go, whether you’re gearing up for a long flight, car ride or whatever form of transportation you may be taking to your destination.
I always start with a comfy pair of shoes whether that be ballet flats, sneakers or an espadrille. My favorite and most worn are my Nike sneakers. I never hopped onto the athleisure style band wagon right away but I slowly started wearing my sneakers with more and more outfits while traveling. My grey Nike Air Max Thea are my favorite because they’re more lifestyle over sport and look good with a mix of classic neutrals. I’ll pair them with jeans, dresses and shorts and have them tucked away in my suitcase for almost every trip.
My actual travel outfit usually consists of these things: my heaviest layer (a coat or thick sweater), a comfy pair of jeans and a cashmere sweater. Depending on where we’re traveling to, I’ll either have less or add more layers. Typically I get cold on planes, so it’s nice to have something to bundle up in and if I’m wearing my heaviest layer, then it saves room in my luggage. I also don’t like traveling in dresses, skirts or shorts, so you’ll rarely find me flying in anything other than jeans or pants. A big tote that can carry all of my things (purse, headphones, glasses, books, snacks, water bottle, etc.) is also essential.
I’ve listed a few of my other favorite Nike sneaker styles below like the Roshe One and Juvenate, which I also own and wear weekly, whether that’s to workout or run errands. I also posted my list of things I never travel without over on GMG Now last week here.
Thank you to Shopstyle for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Easy Travel Style Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall, Packing
- Nude Ballet Flats Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring
- Sunset In NYC Posted in Julia's Style
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall