This past NYFW I partnered up with TRESemmé again to recreate hairstyles inspired by current trends and what we were seeing on the runway. One of my favorite looks from the week (seen here) was a twisted side braid, that was both feminine but with a relaxed, messy vibe. After seeing all of the amazing braids at different shows, I knew I wanted to do something fun and different than the loose curls we had previously done. I squealed with excitement when I saw the results and knew I wanted to come back here and re-create something similar for you guys.
I like to start off with day old hair, because my clean hair is too soft for these sorts of hairstyles. Yesterday, I washed my hair with the new TRESemmé Beauty-full Volume Pre-Wash Conditioner and Shampoo to give my hair touchable volume and will give the braid extra fullness .(my clean hair is too soft for these sorts of hairstyles) Then, I add TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Touchable Bounce Mousse to add a bit more texture to my hair before I begin.
The next step is to take a comb and make a deep side-part. My stylist had created a larger zig-zag part, so I did the same this time around.
Grab a large portion of hair (on the side with the least amount of hair) and begin to french braid, following your hairline all along the back on your head until you reach the other side. You’re essentially creating a halo braid, just not finishing it.
Once you’re on the opposite side that you started the braid, keep braiding until you get to about your jawline. Leave the front portion of your hair out (for the twist) and secure the braid with a clear hair tie. I then spray my hair quickly with TRESemmé Beauty-full Volume Hairspray to hold any flyways down.
Next, start twisting the front portion of your hair away from your face, along your hairline until you reach the base of your ear. Twist, the hair around the backside of the braid and loop the chunk of hair through it. You’ll then have four strands of hair to create a 4 piece braid.
Continue braiding and secure with another clear hair tie. I also re-secured the twist with a bobby pin right above my ear to make sure it holds.
To make the braid a little more disheveled, spread the braid apart and loosen it up. I also like to pull about a few small hairs so the hairstyle looks “lived in” and relaxed.
Finish off with another spray of TRESemme ́Beauty-Full Volume Flexible Finish Hairspray to lock in the look and you’re done!
This post is sponsored by TRESemmé, a product by Unilever.
You May Also Like
- Repair And Protect Your Hair Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Vintage Curls Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair, Video
- Twisted Knot Tutorial with TRESemmé Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Half-Up Braid Tutorial Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- These Are The 10 Beauty Products I Buy From Whole Foods Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Makeup, Skin
- Retro Half Up Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- Braids, Two Ways Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer, Beauty, Hair
- Winter in NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, food, Travel, fashion week, Style, Accessories, Bags, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Hair, Activities, Restaurants
- Gramercy Park Posted in tutorial, Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, food, Travel, fashion week, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Hotels, Restaurants