One thing that Thomas and I wanted to do more of this year was explore the US. The world is a very big place and our travel wishlist is seemingly endless but many of those places are not as exotic or as far as you’d think. There are so many states we have yet to visit and it’s hard to believe that we haven’t even been to some of the biggest cities in the US (hello, Boston). High up on our list for this summer was Charleston and Savannah. We’ve heard so many amazing things about both cities and decided to combine them into the same trip. While we started our stay in Charleston, which I’ll be sharing this week, we ended it with a few nights at Montage Palmetto Bluff in South Carolina and only 30 minutes to Savannah. This place could easily become my go-to summer spot. It’s absolutely incredible!
After a few days in the South Carolina heat, we were really ready for some pool time when we arrived. I think we completely zoned out while checking in because the water was distracting and teasing us over. Once we were settled into our cottage, we hopped onto our bikes and rode back over to the pool. While I love my bikinis, I’ve been finding lots of good one pieces this season like this LOFT palm print one. And if you’re not really down with the one piece, they have a bikini version here.
I found the soft buzzing sounds of the cicadas and thick humidity to be quite relaxing. Is that totally weird? Maybe it’s because we’re so not used to it. Having a body of water nearby definitely helped and jumping in felt even more refreshing. Luckily I packed for the heat and brought lots of warm weather pieces like slinky tops and shorts and off the shoulder dresses like this one from LOFT. They have a pant version here which work great as both a beach coverup or regular lounge pants (would look cute with just a white tank).
Before we had arrived to Palmetto Bluff, we had left Charleston in the late morning and met up with my friend Chassity at Kiawah Island where she and her family were vacationing. They let us join them for the afternoon, having a few drinks by the pool, which had an incredible view, followed by a nice leisurely lunch. Unfortunately, Thomas and I had to hit the road to get to our next destination but we wish we would have had a bit more time to explore the island. We’re already planning a trip back!
Thank you to LOFT for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Palmetto Bluff Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Summer Memories Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Seasonal, Summer
- A Day In Savannah Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer
- White Summer Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Summer
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Savoring Summer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Oppede, Menerbes & Bonnieux, Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Hats, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Sonoma Sunshine Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Bastide De Marie & Lacoste, Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Hotels, Europe