Express Dress c/o, Ralph Lauren Belt, Mariella Vilar Bag
This past Sunday, for Father’s Day, we welcomed summer with a trip out to a u-pick berry farm near my parent’s house. We spent Saturday out hiking and stopping at various fruit stands for snacks and heard about American River Cherry Co. from the friendly folks over at Hooverville Orchards (their pies are amazing, we picked up a cherry & peach and blackberry). They’re closed on Saturdays, so we decided to make an afternoon out of it the following day once Thomas came and met us (he was in Tahoe for a bachelor party).
We could feel the heat before we even left the house! The sun was pouring through the windows, telling us to dress light for the day. I bought this black cotton Express dress recently and absolutely love it. I’ve been really into this fitted maxi style lately, it’s so comfortable but flattering at the same time (and this one has a bit of stretch). This one comes in a few different shades, blue and berry to name a few, and is currently under $25! It’ll quickly become your favorite summer dress. Express also has a few other similar styles including this striped one in a gorgeous olive green and this sleeveless maxi, both at great price points as well.
This berry picking farm was the cutest! We pulled up to a rose bush lined driveway that led to a beautiful white farmhouse surrounded by orchards and vineyards. Upon arrival, you pay a small entrance fee ($5 per person), they hand you as many buckets for berries as you want and send you on your way to conquer the bushes and bushes of fruit. We missed all the cherries (they were popular and gone before June!) but luckily had lots of raspberries and blackberries (marionberries & olallieberries) sitting plump on the vines waiting for us. It was such an unexpectedly fun afternoon activity, we nibbled as we picked and kept going until our buckets were full and backs were damp from the hot sun. We compiled all of our loot, paid and headed off to a bbq to end our summer day.
Thank you to Express for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Gingham Mini Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Wedding Guest Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Lace Mini Dress & My Favorite Bag For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Garden Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Charleston