Living in San Francisco, I’ve gotten used to having a coat or jacket with me pretty much year round, so I’ve collected a good amount over the past few years. Some of my favorite pieces are the ones that make more of a statement like this Red Valentino floral one I bought a few years ago. It could easily pass as a dress when buttoned up, which makes me love it even more. I’ve worn it countless times and in a variety of ways- mixed with prints like here, worn with jeans or leather pants and skirts or dresses. It’s definitely not as wearable as a classic tan colored trench but I think that the specialness of it’s style is what makes the outfit.
After we drove back into London from the countryside, we stayed in Kensington for a few more days before flying back to SF. I wanted to savor every last minute in this city I just adore, so Thomas and I spent the early afternoon out shooting and walking around until we stubbled upon a little cafe and stopped to work and edit for a few hours.
I’ve worn this Club Monaco top on the blog before here but it’s honestly the best! Nothing beats a crisp white shirt and I love the statement ruffle sleeve on this one. It also comes in black or a lace version here. Earlier in the day I had on a Gant sweater but switched into the top for a date night in London town with T.
This Club Monaco light blue lace skirt (on sale) is even prettier in person. I bought it when I was in New York with Carly and she insisted that I couldn’t pass it up! It’s my favorite shade of french blue and hits at a flattering length just above the knee. For me, skirts have to hit at the right spot so I feel comfortable wearing flats with them since 90% of the time I’m in my Chanel ballet flats.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- April Flowers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Château de Chenonceau Posted in Julia's Style, Travel
- White and Blue Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Floral Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Bows, Seasonal, Spring
- A Week of Rain Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, California, San Francisco
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Rainbow of Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Savoring Summer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Girls Weekend In Palm Beach Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Travel Guide