Serena & Lily Bed, Julia B Linens, Anthropologie Nightstands, Vintage Lamps, Wisteria Dresser, Serena & Lily Bench, Ariana Belle Throw Pillows, Serena & Lily Throw Blanket, Restoration Hardware Drapes, Home Goods Big Mirror, Vintage Small Mirror, Hand-me-down Chair (reupholstered), One King’s Lane Artwork
It’s been a good while since we’ve officially “finished” decorating our place. We moved in February of last year and really took our time finding special pieces to invest in. We worked with the amazing Chloe Warner from Redmond Aldrich Design who I found online and immediately sent an email to because I knew she would just get us! Thomas and I both had a specific look in mind but really wanted someone to help us execute and source things we wouldn’t be able to find otherwise. I absolutely love how everything turned out but I have to say that our bedroom might be my personal favorite. We’ve shared bits and pieces of it in other posts, like here and here, but I also wanted to share the complete full-room!
I wanted something serene and peaceful and I think that the color of the walls really set the mood for this. It’s a beautiful shade of lavender/grey that feels calming and fresh in the small(ish) space. Initially, we had our bed placed against the wall to the left of the windows, but Chloe convinced us that it would look better placed against the windows, facing the door. I was hesitant at first, I personally never would have thought to place it there but it ended up looking fantastic once we had the drapes and new Serena & Lily bed (in seaglass washed linen) in. Instead of looking like the bed blocks the windows, the windows somehow frame it, making it look more grand than it actually is.
To the left side of the bed, we had an old chair from Thomas’s grandparent’s (that used to be swirls of red and white) reupholstered in a peachy-pink velvet fabric and a gros grain trim. It sits happily next to a piece of art I found on One King’s Lane and usually is the landing spot for bags, laundry and other random things.
On the opposite side of the wall sits an awkward cutout that we didn’t know what to do with. Chloe came up with the brilliant idea of wall panels and had this gorgeous chinoiserie wallpaper framed in gold. I absolutely love the way it turned out and know that even if we move in the future, these will still be gorgeous to hang in any room! Under them sits this Serena & Lily Kingsley bench in cloud leather that’s the perfect spot to layout outfits and holds my Goyard tote that’s always packed for a quick weekend jaunt.
Our dresser is from Wisteria and is topped with various old and vintage mirrors, artwork & accessories from my collection with BaubleBar as well as some other small accessories (like the blue & white vase) from One King’s Lane. On either sides of our bed are these Anthropologie nightstands with these matching pink vintage lamps. Thomas and I are avid readers at night, so we both have books sitting bedside. Our actual bed is draped in this beautiful Julia B. bedding that I was obsessed with from months before convincing Thomas to get it.
You May Also Like
- Holiday Home Posted in For the Home
- Front Porch Blues Posted in For the Home, Home, Decor, Entertaining
- Our Guest Room Posted in For the Home, Home, Decor
- Villefranche-sur-Mer, France Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Sunglasses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Contributor Series: Mother’s Day Brunch In The Garden Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Seasonal, Spring, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Essentials, Contributor Series
- Pink & Orange Thanksgiving Posted in Julia's Style, For the Home, Holiday
- Personalized Gifting Posted in For the Home, Holiday Gift Guide, Holiday, Home, Decor
- Refreshing Our Kitchen Basics Posted in Home, Essentials
- A Very Merry Holiday Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Jewelry