One of the nearest places to us, even closer than downtown, is Sausalito. It’s just a quick hop over the Golden Gate Bridge and we can be there in less than ten minutes depending on traffic. It can be a bit of a tourist trap but there is something so fun about doing more touristy things in your own city. Every few months we like to head on over to eat seafood on the water looking out at San Francisco, stock up on salt water taffy or eat ice cream in the marina amongst the boats. It’s not uncommon to see tons of people riding their bikes over the Golden Gate Bridge en route to Sausalito, it’s one of the top tourists activities (we’ve done it, too!) and there is good reason why.
It’s been incredibly windy in the city lately, so earlier in the week, Thomas and I decided to head over to Sausalito in the late afternoon. The sun was still high and warm with just a bit of a breeze, so we grabbed a late lunch followed by some sorbet at Lappert’s Ice Cream on the main street in town. Sticking to our usual routine, we walked the short distance to the marina across the street, passing many bikers along the way who were lining up to take the ferry back to SF.
I’m a dress lover through and through and although many of mine are a bit dressier, I do love a simple cotton or t-shirt dress for those comfy days or for relaxing on the weekend. This striped midi one from Old Navy is made out of a stretchy, ribbed fabric that’s a mix of being fitted but not tight. It’s seriously the most comfy thing ever, I could sleep in it. I also never pass on a bold stripe and I love the idea of wearing a combination of this for the 4th of July (coming up!) with a red lip and denim jacket. Other combos of bold prints that would be perfect for the forth include a bold printed top like this navy one worn with a relaxed pair of white linen pants. I’m also a big fan of this tee dress that comes in a few different colors and you can’t really beat the price tag of under $25.
Thank you to Old Navy for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Blush & Cream Details Posted in Julia's Style, For the Home, Style, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Beauty, Makeup, Skin, Home
- Sonoma Sunshine Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Picnic in Mount Tam Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, Travel Guide, California, San Francisco
- Mount Tamalpais Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, Travel Guide, San Francisco
- Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Maui Fruit Stand Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Provence House Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Sail Away With Me Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Misty Views Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall