I’ve completely and utterly fallen in love with Charleston. It’s one of those places that I just knew I would love even before visiting and within just a few hours of being there, it was confirmed. Thomas and I stayed at Zero George which was recommended to us by my in-laws and a handful of friends. It’s such a charming little hotel that is within walking distance of restaurants, shops, bars and lots of other activities. Even though it was warm out, we spent our entire days outside, either walking by foot or bike to explore the city.
We got so many amazing recommendations from readers for food, drinks and things to do. So much that there was no way we could do it all in the three days we had, but we tried to squeeze in as much as possible! After sleeping in (aka waking up after 8am, something we hardly ever do), we got ready and headed out for the day. The minute we stepped outside from our air conditioned room, we beelined for some iced coffee at Black Tap Coffee. I could seriously become addicted to their iced lavender lattes, which were incredibly refreshing in the balmy mornings. We went back for more a few times over the following days.
Charleston has some of the most beautiful homes and architecture. We spent a good while roaming around South of Broad, French Quarter, Upper King and Historic Downtown. Every few minutes we’d pick a favorite house which would then quickly be replaced by another stunner that caught our eye. Oh, and all.the.pink. So much of it! I went a little snap happy.
By 2pm, we had walked up quite an appetite and were in desperate need of some ice water, so we made our way over to another highly recommended spot, 167 Raw. We quickly ordered some guacamole and chips, fish tacos and drinks, which were all so good!
The very pink Mills House (above) is located right across from Husk, where we had one of the best dinners while in town. Make sure to grab a cocktail at their bar located in an old carriage house right next door! I also loved getting to peek into the quaint porches of some of the Charleston homes. Some had secrets gardens while others were lined with rocking chairs, just waiting to be sat in with some sweet tea. There were also so many #frontdoorgoals.
This Paper Crown dress is bright and breezy, perfect for a summer day. I dressed it down with sandals from Mango and my newest obsession, this pink Mansur Gavriel round bag. It all started with finding this little blush Boowood one and then discovering the Mansur Gavriel one for half the price. If you love the round box style, but not the hefty price tag, there are some great vintage options over on Etsy (and I’m sure on Ebay) if you have some time to dig a little. I also found this one and this one that are similar.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- A Day In Savannah Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer
- Pink & Palm Print Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Pretty Pink Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Rainbow of Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Three Looks Around Charleston With J.McLaughlin Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Hats, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Pink & Green Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall