A lot of email questions lately have been centered around one theme: wedding attire. What to wear this season as a wedding guest? It all really depends on the wedding; whether it’s casual, formal, black or white tie, outdoor or inside, etc. I would always rather be a little over dressed than under dresses but it’s never comfortable being the one that’s completely out of place. I always check with the bride or other girlfriends attending to see what they’re wearing to gauge my selections. I usually opt for some sort of dress in a feminine silhouette (big surprise there!) and pick my shoes and accessories depending on location.
This Ralph Lauren Denim & Supply gauzy maxi dress is a perfect example of my go-to for a more relaxed outdoor wedding. It’s sweet and feminine but comfortable (for dancing) and lightweight (for warmer weather). I’ve linked to a handful of similar floral options at the end of the post, but a few favorites include this one shoulder coral maxi dress, this red lace fitted number and this blush lace dress with a bow. Instead of my typical nude heel, like these, I love this Steve Madden option that’s quite similar but has a thicker heel so that it’s much more functional for walking on grass or different grounds. I keep my jewelry to a minimal, with just my diamond studs (like these) or my pearls (like these).
This time of year always brings back memories of planning our own wedding (I can’t believe it’s almost been four years!). We were in the waiting period at this point since everything was planned and ready (aside from small details), it just needed to all be executed. For all of you brides or wedding guests out there, right now Macy’s is having a “Give a gift, get a gift” campaign where you can shop a couple’s registry and take $20 off your next purchase of $50 or more. It’s the perfect scenario to pick up a gift for the couple (one of my favorite gifts from ours were plush monogram bathrobes that we still use daily along with a beautiful stemware collection) then go back and pick up a little something for yourself (i.e. wedding guest dress!).
Thank you to Macy’s & ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Berry Picking Posted in Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Floral Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Glastonbury Tor Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Spring, Fall
- Mount Juliet Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels
- Cuyana Spring Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Needle & Thread Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Shades of Grey Posted in Julia's Style
- Perfectly Undone Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips