It’s not that often that it gets hot enough in SF to have to worry about having your hair up. More likely you’re wanting to pull it back because of wind, not heat. But last week while in Charleston, I was reminded of the hot and sticky summers that I was used to growing up and how having your hair off your back makes all the difference. Also, the humidity makes it difficult to keep it down and looking decent throughout the day, so coming up with hairstyles that work is key. Today I’m sharing two of my favorite warm-weather hairstyles that are both incredibly easy and only take minutes to do! (P.S. I’m wearing this off the shoulder top)
One of my usual go-t0 hairstyles for the heat (or for working out) is a high pony with a braid. It’s as simple as pulling all of your hair up and securing it, just as you would for a simple ponytail. Next, just divide the hair into three sections, braid and secure with a rubber band. I love this one because it keeps my hair from getting frizzy or my ponytail from getting flat from the humidity. It’s also nice for workouts because my hair stays in one place and doesn’t stick to my back.
My second favorite style is the little sister to the crown braid, the crown twist. I find it way easier to do, but the results are very similar. I love this one because it only takes me minutes, my hair is pulled back and I don’t have to worry about it all day.
For this one, you’ll want to part your hair down the middle and separate the two sides. Twist one side of hair, starting near your forehead, working your way down to your neckline. Continue twisting until you get to the very end of the section of hair you’re working on. Next, wrap it around, guiding it behind your head and secure the ends with bobby pins at the top. Repeat on the other side and tuck the ends under the twists on the top. I’ve been using this hairspray to keep everything secure and avoid frizz.
You May Also Like
- Twisted Side Braid Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Style, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Half-Up Braid Tutorial Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- Repair And Protect Your Hair Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Travel Hair Tips & Products Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- Gramercy Park Posted in tutorial, Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, food, Travel, fashion week, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Winter, Beauty, Tips, Hair, Hotels, Restaurants
- Twisted Knot Tutorial with TRESemmé Posted in tutorial, Beauty Tips, Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Retro Half Up Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair
- 5 Best Products For Healthy Hair Posted in Beauty Tips, Favorites (Newsletter Welcome Email), Beauty, Tips, Hair
- Vintage Curls Hair Tutorial Posted in Beauty Tips, Beauty, Hair, Video