Living in San Francisco, Thomas and I have definitely enjoyed our fair share of wine country. We’ve been out to Sonoma and Napa Counties more times than I can count, but yet, we still discover new places- be it food, wineries or shops- every time we head out. We decided to beat the cold and fog this weekend by driving out to Healdsburg on Saturday morning to spend the day in the 80 degree sunshine out there. We stepped out of the car when we arrived, tummies grumbling for some brunch and headed straight to SHED, which has been on our list for some time.
The space is light and airy, perfect for a late summer morning. It’s broken up into different sections – the coffee bar, a little grocery market full of the yummiest produce and treats, a shop with beautiful home and gardening goods, as well as the cafe. We sat down at the cafe, ordering a combination of quiche and waffles with extra coffee on the side.
This MCM bag arrived in the mail a few weeks ago and I squealed with excitement when I opened it. It is made out of the most perfect buttery leather and the light blue shade feels so fresh for the season. I couldn’t decide between the the light blue or the light pink (because, well pink) but I’m glad I went with the former. It’s a nice shade paired with all of my light pink summer dresses like this Urban Outfitters one. I also love the size – not too big and not too small. I’ve been carrying my camera with me everywhere lately and love that it fits nicely along with my other odds and ends I always have on me.
After brunch, we spent the afternoon walking around Healdsburg. We’ve never really spent an entire day dedicated to exploring all it has to offer, only stopping by for lunch or dinner on previous trips. It was nice to not be in a rush and stroll leisurely through the downtown, stopping into any shops that caught our eye or checking out the many wine tasting rooms. After a few hours, we decided to pay a visit to one of our favorite restaurants, Barn Diva, for a snack and a cool drink before we headed out to a winery.
We finished off the day with a glass of wine at Dry Creek Vineyard. They have a fantastic outdoor space with picnic tables spread out, which we gladly used, basking in the late afternoon sunshine and sipping on our refreshing wine.
Thank you to MCM Worldwide and ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Daisies & Wildflowers Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Activities, California
- This Flower Farm Will Make You Want To Become A Flower Farmer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Spring in Napa Valley Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California, Restaurants
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Sonoma Sunshine Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Pearly Whites Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions