A few weeks back we spent the 4th of July weekend at our family’s ranch in Idaho. It was such a nice getaway from the city, spending our time outdoors fishing and biking or reading on the porch. It’s not that often that we’re able to feel like we can fully disconnect, so it was a nice switch up from our usual routine. We now can’t wait to go back next month when we head to Montana to take my brother to school (he’s heading off to college!) with my mom.
I had pulled out this striped blue and white off the shoulder top for a semi-festive look for the 4th. It’s under $75 and is one of those easy tops you can just throw on with jeans or a pair of white shorts and call it a day. I wore it with my ripped up jeans and hunter boots to go explore around the property without worrying about getting muddy.
Thomas and I both come from big fishing-loving families. It’s in our blood! We both grew up around grandpas (who are friends) who love to fly fish, so we learned at a young age. Growing up, Thomas had actually been on fly fishing trips with my grandpa before we ever officially met (in college). So it’s always been an activity that we’ve enjoyed to do with our families over the years, as it always brings back so many memories! On our first day out at the ranch, Thomas’s grandpa set up a float fishing trip down the Snake River. It was actually my first time doing so (besides our short one in Alaska) and it was surprisingly really fun! I didn’t catch anything, but had a few bites and enjoyed the competitiveness that brewed between Thomas and me ;)
We ended our day out on the Ranch biking around looking for the best spot to watch the sunset, which turned out to be just about anywhere. We got to see some absolutely gorgeous sunsets while we were there! The best part was when a storm would start to roll in and we would get these crazy cool clouds and bright fire color hues that filled the sky. It would create an absolutely remarkable blend just before the sun would go down.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- This Flower Farm Will Make You Want To Become A Flower Farmer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Gingham in the Countryside Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Summer In Ireland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Activities
- Santa Barbara Farmer’s Market Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Activities, California
- Pearly Whites Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions
- Easy Rider Posted in Julia's Style
- Black Sand Beach Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, San Francisco