One of our favorite ways to get to know a new city is by eating our way through it! It’s made even easier when our list of places is way too long for a single trip, so we just try to fit in as much as we can. We received so many great food recs from friends and readers for Charleston and attempted to knock off a bunch of them during the three days we were there. It was extra hot on this day, so one or two stops for an ice cold drink or snack to fuel up from biking around was needed.
Our first stop on our bike ride in the morning was to The Daily for breakfast. It was just a short 10 minute bike ride down King Street from our hotel, Zero George. I could have this for breakfast every single day. We split a combo of the avocado toast, egg toast and breakfast tacos with a side of coffee and green juice. I nibbled on each and can always count on Thomas to polish it all off.
We rode back down King Street, but the opposite way towards the Historical District. On our way, we stopped by Hampden Clothing, who has the most beautiful selection of pieces ranging from Tibi to Self Portrait, Ulla Johnson and Roksanda. You must stop here on a visit!
After spending the day riding around town, we worked up quite the appetite and headed over to Sullivan’s Island for lunch. We heard wonderful things about The Obstinate Daughter and were able to get a table with the late afternoon crowd. I’m usually not a cocktail drinker but the bartender sold me on The King’s Honey, which was so refreshing and perfect for the summer heat. For food, Thomas ordered a pizza and I got the lowcountry shrimp roll that we both ended up splitting.
Afterwards, we hit up the ice cream shop, Beardcats, below The Obstinate Daughter and split a small cup of watermelon sorbet to satisfy our (my) sweet tooth! We also knew we couldn’t leave Sullivan’s Island without trying Poe’s Tavern, so we had a second lunch, ordering the fish tacos, one for each.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Savoring Summer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- The Colors Of Charleston Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer, Charleston
- April Flowers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- A Day In Savannah Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Blue Lace Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Seasonal, Spring
- White and Blue Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- A Week of Rain Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, California, San Francisco