This summer seems to be flying by as we’re nearing August next week! We’ve been on the road, back home, on the road again, back home and repeat, which makes the time go by even faster. We got back last Saturday night and we’re home for the next three weeks, which we’re using to catch up with friends and family and savor the last bit of summer. It was so nice being back in Charleston last week and getting more of that southern summer heat that really makes it feel like July.
This trip we hit up a few different spots than last time like Vintage Coffee for breakfast, FIG for dinner, Jeni’s Ice Cream, Butcher & Bee for brunch and Le Farfalle for dinner. All were delicious and added to our list of Charleston favorites, which is growing and growing. You can check out my previous posts from our last trip here, here and here.
This time around we went and checked out some of the historic homes that are open to the public for tours. We went to the Aiken-Rhett House and Nathaniel Russel House and also checked out the Gibbes Museum of Art, which were perfect afternoon activities for a super hot and humid day. We love to get out on our bikes early in the morning before it gets too hot and then find an in-door activity and cool lunch spot to fill our afternoon.
We stayed at the wonderful Zero George again and I packed lighter than I ever have, only bringing a few favorites like this Lela Rose dress I purchased this past spring (last seen here), my Tabitha Simmons floral flats (last seen here and here), and this Club Monaco crop top that always comes in handy along with my go-to ballet flats.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- A Week On Nantucket, Part 2 Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Kew Gardens Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Rainbow of Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Wearing Summer Dresses Into Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- White and Blue Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- April Flowers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall