Last weekend we celebrated the 4th of July in Idaho with Thomas’s family and had the most relaxing weekend outdoors, fishing, hiking, reading and eating lots of yummy food. On Saturday, we woke up really early (like 2:30am early) to drive to Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. We wanted to catch the sunrise at Oxbow Bend and hit up a few other spots in the golden morning light before the park filled with tourists and vacationers. It’s always worth the early morning wake up call to see everything around us be brought to life from darkness. There’s a stillness in the air and a peaceful feeling knowing that we’re up and getting the day started with nature. It’s my favorite feeling! (and a plus that you get the day done by noon!)
I’ll be sharing our sunrise photos in a later post about our trip (you can see a few shots here and here). One of the stops we made in Grand Teton National Park was at Mormon Row in Jackson Hole, which is a line of “homestead complexes” from the early 1900s. They’re probably one of the most photographed and recognizable spots in the park, especially since they have a picture perfect view of the Tetons in the back.
We had bundled up for sunrise, grabbing our warmest gear for the cool temps, but by mid morning, as the sun continued to rise, we got warmer and warmer until we switched into our summer clothes. We planned ahead since we knew it was going to be in the 80s and I brought this little floral dress from Urban Outfitters with me, paired with a fleece and sneakers. It was perfect for the holiday weekend, staying festive enough with the blue and white pattern but still relaxed and simple for summer. The cutout back feels quite nice as well, especially when the day started to get uncomfortably warm.
Our last stop before noon was at Jenny Lake. Thomas’s parents kept telling us how beautiful it was and how we couldn’t miss it. We arrived to the clearest crystal blue lake water spotted all over with kayakers and people out on their boats enjoying the beautiful day. They had told us about a great hike, which we’re planning on doing on our trip back later in the year! After this stop, we made our way over to Thomas’s aunt and uncle’s house in Jackson Hole for a peaceful lunch on their porch before driving back to the ranch in Idaho to spend the rest of the day reading on the deck.
Thank you to Shopstyle for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Sunrise & Sunset on Lake Massawippi Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Poppy Fields in France Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Emerald Bay Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sunrise In Maui Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Spring, Summer, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Joshua Tree Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Shoes, Sunglasses, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Fall, Hotels, Travel Guide, California, Restaurants
- You Will Fall In Love With This Cape I Wore In Scotland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- White Summer Trousers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer