Look 3- Frame Dress c/o, Chanel Loafers
Today’s post is a roundup of a few random shots from our days spent in Georgia and South Carolina. I would have to say, from the sunrises, poolside afternoons, day trips into Savannah, bike rides around Palmetto Bluff and sunsets before cocktails, we had a pretty awesome summer adventure. Between here and Charleston, I have a new love for the South. Everyone that we met was incredibly sweet and helpful with recommendations, which was greatly appreciated.
We woke up to catch sunrise on Sullivan’s Island and did the same for one of the mornings at Palmetto Bluff. We sat on the dock while it was still dark, waiting to catch the first glimpse of the blazing sun rising from the skyline. Once we saw the full rainbow of colors from the morning chameleon sky, we biked over grabbed coffee and breakfast while we planned our day.
Forsyth Park in Savannah was my favorite. It’s the largest park in the city, over 30 acres, so there are plenty of opportunities to sit, relax and feel as if you’re the only one around. The beautiful Forsyth Park Fountain is located on the north end of the park, drawing you in through the lush lined walkways. We stopped by the adorable Paris Market Cafe for some iced lavender lattes that hit the spot in the heat.
Later that evening, Thomas was out shooting pics while I was freshening up for dinner, when he came running back to our room shouting “dolphins! dolphins!”. I rushed out of the room to the dock, where there were four or five dolphins swimming in the river (see above pic on the right). It reminded us of our December’s spent on Little St. Simon’s Island and getting to see them swim in the creeks right next to us.
For our last day, we ended up spending it poolside, biking to the market for snacks, jumping back in the pool, then showering and napping before catching the sunset before dinner. Talk about a relaxing day! We’re not ones to miss a chance to explore, but it sure was nice to sit and close our eyes for a few hours.
You May Also Like
- A Southern Summer Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Palmetto Bluff Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Silk Top & Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Summer
- This Flower Farm Will Make You Want To Become A Flower Farmer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Florals In Savannah Posted in misc
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- White Summer Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Summer