While in Seattle, we decided to pack the day of our anniversary with lots of activities. You already saw the pictures from sailing, but you haven’t seen the photos from our morning activities. To fit everything into one day, we started the morning with an early alarm and we were out the door by 6:55am. We headed straight for General Porpoise Doughnuts, a spot that was recommended over and over again by readers. And we’re so thankful for those who did, because this is a can’t miss spot. They make the most delicious filled doughnuts, always the perfect start to an awesome day.
Since all of the flavors sounded intriguing, we had to be strategic with our selections. We settled on 4, Lemon Curd (our favorite), Chocolate Marshmallow, Pluot Jam and Peanut Butter and Jam. I had a craving for a chai latte, but I’m pretty picky on the flavor. I always ask for the barista to describe their chai latte’s balance between sweet and spicy. Finding one with a little of both is key! I asked the man behind the counter this question and despite his answer of it being very balanced because they make their own mix, I went for the safe option of an almond milk latte. When he called our drinks at the bar, he surprised me with a free almond milk chai, which I thought was the sweetest and most unexpected gesture. It sure made my morning! And turns out, it was honestly the best chai I’ve ever had in my life (so good that we returned the next day). I’m actually kinda craving one right now…
Still on schedule for our 7:55 Ferry from Seattle to Bainbridge Island, we took our doughnuts and drinks to go so we could enjoy them on the boat. If you’ve never taken the ferry before, it’s super simple. You buy your roundtrip ticket on the Seattle side, wait for the boat to unload when it arrives in Seattle and then you have about 5-10 minutes to hop on before it leaves again. You spend a total of about 35 minutes out on the water and you’ll definitely want to bring a few layers for the ride (or sit inside) as it gets pretty cold and windy out there. But it sure is beautiful!
We explored Bainbridge by foot, which was fun but it really limits you to the downtown area. If you only have a few hours to spend there, that’s probably the recommended way to go anyways. We stopped into Blackbird Cafe for some coffee, tea and little mid morning snack. Once open, we also hit up some of the great shops, two of which I was in love with- Salt House Mercantile and Petit and Olson. Salt House Mercantile had amazing throws and great gifts that were super unique. They also had a great collection of dog accessories, which I would have gone crazy for, if we only had a dog. Petit and Olson had an exquisite curation of clothing, hats, accessories and home goods. I went home with some awesome goodies including a new pair of Frame Denim jeans and Emerson Fly slides.
If you have more time to spend on Bainbridge Island, a mode of transportation is highly recommended. While we had been advised by a reader or two not to bring our car on the ferry (and some research also encouraged to skip the car), the process didn’t appear too difficult. Another option is to rent bicycles from one of the two locations right next to the Ferry Terminal. Had we had the time, that would have been exactly what we would have done because it looked as if there was so much more to explore. Sadly, we had to hop back on the ferry by noon to make it back to Seattle in time for our sailing excursion. Next time, we’ll have to spent the whole day on Bainbridge Island.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Sunrise & Sunset on Lake Massawippi Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sail Away With Me Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- You Will Fall In Love With This Cape I Wore In Scotland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Classic Black & White Blazer Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall