Thomas and I had so much fun while we were in Seattle last week. It just goes to show how much there is to do all around us! We don’t need to fly to an exotic country in order to explore and try new things. You guys were so helpful and awesome when it came to recommendations. We got so many and tried to fit in as much as we could (we woke up at 6am every morning so our days felt extra long!). One evening we really wanted sushi and were planning on heading over to Ballard, but a bunch of readers said that the best Sushi in Seattle was Downtown.
Express has a new initiative called “Express Life by”, which encourages people to express their sense of individuality and confidence through their style and personal values. This is something I totally believe in and have been trying to express through our new Discussion posts and weekly Motivation Monday emails. What I’ve realized, is that the feelings I have don’t have to be internalized. It’s possible that other people have similar feelings as mine. Ever since I started Gal Meets Glam, I’ve wanted to help people and this is just one small sliver of a way I hope to do so. I’m always so thankful to receive so many recommendations when we travel. Traveling is supposed to be fun and relaxing, rather than stressful, so coming into a city and receiving hundreds of recommendations of restaurants, places and things to do, lifts that stress of searching for the best places. It says a lot about someone when they reach out voluntarily to help me, or if they stop me on the street to say hello and I cherish every single interaction with readers. I hope I can continue to express my life and feelings with you guys here!
Downtown ended up working perfectly because we were already staying down there at The Palladian. We had scheduled plans to have rooftop drinks at The Nest on top of the Thompson Hotel, which was also right around the corner from us. Perfect! It couldn’t have been a more beautiful day for a rooftop cocktail at sunset- 80 degrees and blue skies. Seattle really showed off some gorgeous weather for us while we were there!
Sometimes (a lot of the time!) we over plan and over think out trips, and this one was just perfect. We went with the flow and just focused on having fun together! After drinks at The Nest, we walked down to Umi Saki House for dinner. Easily some of the best sushi I’ve ever had! So good actually, that we each ordered another roll following our first round.
I packed pretty casual for this trip, knowing that we’d be spending lots of time outdoors and just relaxing. I brought a mix of jeans and shorts, light sweaters and striped tees- easy things that can be mixed. I switched into this short sleeved Express sweater and these Express jeans for our night out downtown. These jeans are bit high waisted while the sweater is slightly cropped, so they go perfect together. I also love the slightly grey tone to these jeans along with the tiny amount of distress. Express has some other great jeans right now like this black high waisted pair, this distressed pair or a classic dark wash like these.
Thank you to Express for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Pike Place Market Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Wear To Work Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Blush Dotted Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- Bainbridge Island Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Sunflowers & Fruit Stands of Summer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Clean Slate Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Charleston
- Fall Colors In Charleston Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Fall, Charleston
- Cozy At Home For The Holidays Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Bougainvillea Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, California, Restaurants