If there’s one thing that keeps Thomas and I coming back to Hawaii, it’s the sunrises and sunsets. We never miss one while we’re here; they are truly breathtaking. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a storm to pass through right before, allowing the clouds to pile up and create a dramatic sky. Over the past few trips, we’ve found our favorite beaches for each and while sunsets might be much more realistic (especially since you’re on vacation and probably want to sleep in), try and get up at least once for a sunrise.
On our last trip, we had a beautiful sunset at Maluaka Beach. I highly recommend heading over to this one, as it’s pretty deserted and empty at sunset, making it extra romantic. This time around, we headed over to Kalepolepo Beach. It was raining in Wailea, but clear over in Kihei, so we drove over to see if we could catch the sunset there. As luck would have it, we arrived to a beautiful setting. So perfect, that there was a small wedding taking place at the end of the beach. The wind whipped and whistled at us, but it was one of those warm breezes that wraps around you and feels amazing.
If you’re searching for some beaches for sunrise, look no further than Secret Cove or Baldwin Beach. We’re actually heading back to Baldwin Beach in the morning (that is, if the weather allows it- a hurricane is suppose to roll through soon). We did both for sunrise last December when we were in Maui. The sky looked like cotton candy at both, with the later being my personal favorite.
My evening attire pretty much consists of maxi dresses. I live in them while here and I’m excited to wear them more now that we’re moving somewhere warmer! This Rhode Resort one is made out of the most beautiful silk and falls so perfectly in all the right places. It is truly a gorgeous maxi dress that no polyester replica could compare to. It also comes in a gauzy white version that’s on sale here. My Culta Gaia Bag (I have the small) finally arrived right before our trip after months of waiting on my pre-order. I honestly want to pair it with everything right now along with my Rebecca de Ravenel Les Bonbons Earrings that I waited (also for months) to come back in stock in white. Both worth the wait!
You May Also Like
- White Linen Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer
- This Is One Of The Reasons Why I Love Living In Charleston Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Maui Fruit Stand Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Island Nights Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Spring
- Girls Weekend In Palm Beach Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Travel Guide
- Pineapple Fences Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Favorites (Newsletter Welcome Email), Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Spring
- Back In NYC With TRESemmé Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Sunglasses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Pink & Green Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Charleston
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing