Aloha from Maui! Thomas and I are currently in Hawaii soaking up some r&r and spending some quality time with my mom. As our last few weeks of living on the West Coast are soon approaching, we wanted to take advantage of being close to one of our favorite places, Hawaii. I also want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the sweet comments, emails, tweets and snaps about our move that we announced last Friday. It feels so good to finally be able to share the news and we can’t wait to post even more once it’s all happening!
The three of us arrived to Maui last Friday and we’ve been mixing a good combination of relaxing on the beach and doing activities. Thomas and I were in Maui not too long ago, for Christmas to be exact, and we could never get sick of visiting. What’s not to love about Hawaii?! This is my third time to Maui and I feel like I’m much more familiar with the island this time around. We planned a few excursions, day trips into the towns and hikes, but other than that, we’ve had our sights set on the beaches.
Last December, we made our way out to Nakalele Point to check out the blowhole and find the “heart rock”. We managed to climb halfway down to the blowhole before we got pummeled by rain and intense wind, which made us nervous on the cliffs. We also gave up trying to find the heart rock and ended up getting back in the car shortly after, feeling a little defeated. This time around, we were determined to find it. We climbed all the way down (in sandals, I don’t recommend it) and miraculously found the rock sitting right at the base. On top of that win, there weren’t as many tourists this time around, so we got some pretty great views and pics of the blowhole without dozens of people scattered around. We did get hit with some pretty heavy rain though, but it only lasted about 30 seconds.
I’ve always been a bikini kinda girl, but this season I found so many cute one pieces. Most of the swimsuits I brought on this trip are either one pieces or a high waisted swimsuit. This Mara Hoffman one is sort of a combination between the two. It’s a one pieces with some cutouts on the side and from the back, it looks like a high waisted suit. I hesitated ordering it online, not knowing if it would look right on me, but I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it on at home and it ended up being ultra flattering. Mara Hoffman has always made some of my favorite swimsuits, bikinis and one pieces alike, and there are so many good ones on sale right now like this one, this one and this one.
We ended our afternoon at Ka’anpali Beach, with some coconuts we picked up at a fruit stand off the side of the road. The water was vibrant shades of blue and we couldn’t wait to dive in, especially after our sweaty hike down to the blowhole. After we had enough of the sun, we grabbed a quick bite at a restaurant along the beach, sipping on our piña coladas while the sun started to fade down.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Gingham Swimsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Villefranche-sur-Mer, France Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Sunglasses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Beach Breeze Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Beach Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Beauty, Makeup
- Sunset Picnic in Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Bastide De Marie & Lacoste, Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Hotels, Europe
- The Colors Of Charleston Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer, Charleston
- Lilac Season Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- White Linen Maxi Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer