If you find yourself headed to Seattle, you might want to show up with an empty stomach, because after reading this post you’re going to have a nice list of places to try out. I mentioned in a previous post that we were flooded with recommendations on where to eat in Seattle. We couldn’t even make a dent in the list of suggestions, though we tried our best! If there was a theme to this day, it was stuffed full. Our plans (of visiting as many food establishments as possible) were made based on the weather forecast, which was supposed to be nasty, with rain and thunderstorms all day. Luckily we only got about 5 minutes of light rain while we were inside Pike Place. The skies cleared and it made for a great day, so we were able to get around by foot.
Of course we had to stop at world famous Pike Place Market and wander the stalls there. We stopped first to checkout the fishmongers tossing fish back and forth and from there, we wound our way through the market, stopping at a few different vendors. We picked up donuts at Daily Dozen (we went to 3 different places in Seattle), bagel and lox at Seattle Bagel Bakery and coffee. It was also dahlia and sunflower season, and the market was flooded with them, which are a favorite flower of mine. I don’t buy them too often because they can be really expensive and don’t live very long (at least for me). Though with the market full of them, they were all priced at $1 per stem, with giant ones (like above) at $3 a stem! If you were ever to buy your own flowers for a wedding, this would have been the perfect time to save a pretty penny.
A bit surprisingly, one of our absolute favorite meals was breakfast at London Plane. The surprising thing about it was we had just come from Pike Place, so we had sampled some really elaborate things and all we wanted was scrambled eggs and toast. We couldn’t believe how good they were, specifically the eggs. Afterwards, we tried to wrap our heads around why these eggs, out of the hundreds of egg dishes we’ve had in our lives, stood out. I believe they have their own farm where they source their eggs, so it’s possible that’s the reason. We tried to fit in one last trip the day we left but ran out of time and had to head to the airport. Also, the avocado toast is out of this world- with a mix of curry spices and summer squash on top.
We stopped for coffee at Volunteer Park Cafe, where we sat outside for a bit a relaxed, sipping our coffee and munching on a massive snickerdoodle cookie. The neighborhood in this area is really charming and we ended up walking up and down the streets that were filled with hydrangeas.
I stumbled across Bar Melusine on Instagram and I had to see this decor for myself. We decided to stop in for drinks at happy hour before our dinner reservations. I had a glass of rosé and Thomas had a delicious version of a moscow mule, which I ended up making him order another one of because I drank half of his first one. We ordered a few small snacks before we left for dinner at Tallulah’s, which turned out to be a nice, light meal to top off our indulgent day eating our way through Seattle.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Downtown Seattle Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Week of Rain Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Spring, California, San Francisco
- Tweed Fall Coat Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Apple Picking In Vermont Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall, Activities
- Fall In Woodstock, Vermont Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Riding Boots For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Morning Canoe on Blueberry Lake Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Floral Set Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Light Pink Loafers Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Bows, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, California, San Francisco, Restaurants