One of the best perks of where we live is the vicinity to so much around us. I know I probably sound like a broken record, but as much as we love SF, we love venturing to all of the amazing places just a hop, skip and a jump away. As was the case a few weeks ago when we headed out to Healdsburg, the city was in typical summer mode (aka fog and wind) this past weekend, so Thomas and I jumped in the car last minute and drove out to Sonoma late Saturday morning.
Once you cross over the Golden Gate Bridge, it’s all blue skies and sunshine from there on out. It’s nice to leave the grey behind for a few hours and soak up some sunshine and good wine. We didn’t have an exact plan, as we got ready and left within 30 minutes (I quickly threw on this off the shoulder dress), so we just headed towards downtown Sonoma. No plans are sometimes the best plans because there are no expectations and you’re more open to jump at an experience you would have otherwise passed on. Or better yet, instead of trying to fit everything in, you just sit back, don’t rush and take your time. That’s exactly what we did on this day and what I’m trying to practice more of. Instead of always trying to be in a rush to do so many things, I want to just focus on doing one. And really enjoy that one.
Once we arrived downtown, we grabbed a casual lunch outside at Sunflower Cafe, sipping on sangria and eating breakfast sandwiches while trying to savor every moment of the perfect 80 degree weather. Afterwards, we roamed around downtown a bit before Thomas suggested we head out to B.R. Cohn, a winery we hadn’t visited since our first trip out to wine country back in the day. The property is absolutely stunning, being surrounded by rolling lush vineyards, and they have an array of places to sit out and do your tasting or sip on a glass of your choice. It was just what we wanted!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Sausalito Stripes Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, San Francisco
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Provence House Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Europe
- This Flower Farm Will Make You Want To Become A Flower Farmer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Maui Fruit Stand Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Braids, Two Ways Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer, Beauty, Hair