We’re already on our way home from NYC later today after a wonderful and busy week in the city. I was thrilled to work with the TRESemmé team again this season, you might remember a few posts from February with them (here and here) or last September (here and here) and go backstage, behind the scenes to two of the runway shows they were doing- Marissa Webb and Rebecca Minkoff. I also worked with their stylists to create three hairstyles for the week, the first one being this twisted and knotted low ponytail.
I knew it was going to be hot in NYC, so I packed light summer dresses and cotton separates, knowing that I would feel best in both. It also made more sense to do some updos throughout the week, since the humidity wouldn’t really allow for any sort of loose curls. Luckily, my stylist Johanna was so creative in coming up with new ideas. I wanted to do something pulled back and effortless and she whipped up this knotted and twisted ponytail in minutes.
To add some texture to my soft hair, she started off with TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray so that my hair would have a bit more grip to it. I carefully watched as she knotted and pinned and twisted and tied my hair, taking notes so I could try and recreate the look on my own at home. One product she also recommended for the humidity was the TRESemmé Climate Protection Resistance Mousse. It helps control the frizz and allows you to actually attempt to style your hair, regardless of the weather conditions outside.
I loved how my hair turned out, especially when paired with my outfit for the day- a simple Club Monaco cotton top and this striped MDS maxi skirt. I opted for sandals since it was 90+ degrees out and we would be walking/on our feet all day, which ended up being the best call, especially after seeing everyone melting in their heels. Even though we’re at Fashion Week, I like dressing and feeling like myself- this goes for everything from my hair, makeup and style. It’s definitely a little bit more elevated on certain days, because we are at Fashion Week, but I always want to stay true to myself.
This post is sponsored by TRESemmé a product of Unilever.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Maui Fruit Stand Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Silk Top & Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Summer
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall