We did it! We’re officially moved! We flew into Charleston yesterday afternoon and have been settling into our house before the movers arrive on Friday. It’s the strangest feeling, Thomas and I keep looking at each other and saying “I can’t believe we live here!”. All of the newness is a little overwhelming, but so exciting at the same time. We’re going to have lots of trips to Target and Lowes over the next couple of days as we slowly figure out what we need. Thank you for all of the well-wishes you guys have sent through, I can’t wait to share more as we get settled in. Things got a bit delayed this week, with us ending up taking Monday and Tuesday off to spend our last bit of time with family and friends, so I still have just a few more posts from NYC.
At the very end of our trip to NYC, Fall seemed to be moving slowly over the city. The air was a tad bit crisper, the leaves slightly less green and we saw a handful of sweater sightings that had me equal parts jealous and uncomfortably hot for the person(s). I ended up wearing this A.L.C. dress that I bought a week prior to us leaving for NYC, initially thinking that the thicker rayon fabric might be too warm for the summer weather. With the temperatures dropping slightly, it was the perfect time to pull it out. This dress also couldn’t be more comfortable and flattering while still being so chic at the same time. The tighter rayon fabric slims the torso while the fuller skirt falls just below the knee, right where I like it.
After a few morning meetings and a catch-up coffee with Carly at Ralph’s, Thomas and I made our way back downtown to Greenwich Village for lunch at Claudette. We couldn’t have picked a more perfect afternoon to take a leisurely lunch and sit outside. Afterwards, we walked across the street to Washington Square park, listening to the live jazz, eventually making our way into the main streets and shops of the neighborhood.
It’s still quite warm in Charleston, but I won’t let that stop me from stocking up on all the white pumpkins for our front porch and ordering way too many things from Terrain’s new arrivals. With October just around the corner, I’m in full-on autumnal nesting mode.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Best of Burgundy For Fall Posted in Style, Seasonal, Fall
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Boat Ride In Central Park Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Sunglasses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer
- Lace Mini Dress & My Favorite Bag For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- The Bow Detail Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall