Today is our last day in Hawaii, that is, if we’re able to fly out before the hurricane hits. We’ve been following it closely on the news, but other than a bit of rain and wind, the weather has been beautiful. The end of a vacation is always bittersweet- sad to leave but antsy to get home and tackle our rapidly growing to-do list. Just the thought of everything we have for work plus our move is making me extra anxious. But this trip really has been the best and so incredibly relaxing.
September is here, so does that mean we’re officially in fall mode? I don’t want summer to leave! We still have this long weekend ahead, where we can all savor the last bit of the warm evenings, backyard bbqs and warm weather clothes just a bit longer. It was so nice finally getting back in a swimsuit while we’ve been in Maui. I forget how often I don’t get the chance in San Francisco, because really, is it ever actually warm enough? I know that’ll change when we move (we already have plans for a pool in our new house!). That means some of my favorite suits like this striped one piece by Heidi Klein will get lots more use. It also comes in a bikini version here, which I love. It’s the comfiest suit you’ll ever wear, plus and I love the simplicity and a navy and white striped swimsuit.
These pictures were from our first day in Maui. Thomas woke up early for golf and my mom and I went on a walk and had a leisurely breakfast before strolling down to the beach with our books and sun hats. We settled down until after noon, when T came and joined us before we left for lunch. This swimsuit was the culprit of my not-so-cute sunburn. My mom and I used a sunblock on the first day that literally did nothing for either of us and left us both blotchy and burned. Thomas on the other hand, had lathered himself in this Supergoop sunblock and was perfectly fine. Lesson learned, we followed his lead for the rest of trip. Seriously, go get this stuff because it works so well! (and this is not sponsored, it’s just that good).
We ended our afternoon by driving over to Paia Fish Market, our favorite stop for fish tacos in Maui. They’re so amazing, I could eat them for every single meal. And to beat the heat, we topped it off with snow cones at a stand nearby before heading back to jump in the pool at our hotel.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Beach Breeze Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Gal Meets Glam Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Discussions
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Gingham Swimsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- Boat Ride In Central Park Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Sunglasses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer
- A Cozy Sweater + Leather Pants Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall