Even though I’m currently at home, buried in boxes in our place, I still have a few posts from NYC that I want to share before we head full force into fall! It was still very much summer during our time in the city, heat and humidity included, so I made sure to pack for the weather. It’s always a funny time for fashion during fashion week because everyone wants to bring out their new fall pieces, but realistically, there is no reason to be wearing coats, leather and jackets in 90+ weather. It did, however, cool down into the 70s, which allowed me to bring out my current favorite jeans and pair them with one of my favorite trends for fall.
It’s not that often that I jump onto a trend, but when it’s one that I know I’ll wear regardless if it’s “in” or not, then I’m game. Case in point: velvet. I love the luxe fabric in dainty details like the bow on this top (I wore in this post) or this dress, I like it in shoes (my favorite being this blush pair), I love it as a bag like here and here (and seen in this post) and I even love it in a top or dress, like this one I’m wearing or this one. If you’re skeptical of adding a bit of velvet into your fall wardrobe, I suggest adding something simple and unexpected like a velvet ribbon in your hair (that you can find at any craft store), similar to the style I’m wearing in this post or this post from earlier in the year.
On this day, we were out running around to a few shows and presentations, eventually coming back to our favorite neighborhood to stay in, Tribeca. Three spots that were walking distance from our hotel, and great for meals on the go, were Sweet Green for salads when we wanted a healthier option for dinner (everything on our hotel’s inroom dining was pretty decadent), Juice Press for smoothies and snacks in the morning or middle-of-the-day snack and Maman for coffee, pastries and other yummy treats (plus, they have the cutest to-go cups I’ve ever seen!). Any other favorites in the neighborhood? We’ll be back in October for an event I’m hosting (details coming soon) and we’re always on the lookout for a new spot.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Silk Top & Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Summer
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- 3 Key Pieces To Pack For Labor Day Weekend Posted in Travel, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Packing
- Maui Fruit Stand Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Hats, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Perfect Lace Top Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Spring, Summer
- A Week On Nantucket, Part 2 Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- The Colors Of Charleston Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer, Charleston