This was a quick “Hi New York, Bye New York” trip. Thomas and I flew into NYC from Charleston on Wednesday morning, prepping for our event the following day, and we’re already flying out early today. I always love coming into the city, especially this time of year when the weather feels amazing- the perfect balance of crisp fall air and little sunshine. I have all of my fall stuff packed for our New England road trip and brought a few pieces out early for a little expedition over to the Brooklyn Bridge including this dreamy cream sweater and pink corduroy skirt, both from Lord & Taylor.
Thomas and I still have a huge list of things we want to do in NYC, but every time we come to the city, it’s for work, so we end up only visiting spots within a short radius of where we’re staying. For some reason, we never realized how close the Brooklyn Bridge is to Tribeca, where we always stay (at the Greenwich Hotel). So with a few hours to kill before our first meeting, we took a short taxi (we could have walked but we were limited on time) over and hopped out on the end of the bridge. If you’ve never been over, I highly recommend it! It can be a little overwhelming with all of the people, so maybe try early morning, but the crowds die out a bit the further you walk in. The views are also breathtaking of the city, especially on a sunny day.
We were so hungry by the time we got off the bridge (and we didn’t even walk all the way across! only about half way) and stopped for some pretzels at one of the street vendors. Honestly, it was such a beautiful day. It’s days like these that make me really love New York! It was perfect out for this simple combination of a chunky sweater and corduroy skirt. Usually I find all things corduroy in deeper, earthy hues but this pink shade is my kind of fall piece. And don’t even get me started on the cozy goodness of this cream sweater from Lord & Taylor!
I’m obsessed with these Sam Edelman suede camel boots. Not only are they super comfy, but they have a slight slouch/relaxed look to them that I love and the color is my favorite for fall since they pair so nicely with everything. They’re also a great price point for a nice pair of boots- under $200. I’m definitely going to be bringing these out a ton this season with both skirts/dresses and jeans. And if you’re looking for something darker, they also come in a classic black. Lord & Taylor is having a Friends & Family Sale. Save an extra 25% OFF almost everything + 10% Cosmetics & Fragrances using code FRIENDS. Shop Now! (Valid 10/11-10/24).
Thank you to Lord & Taylor and ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- The Colors Of Charleston Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Seasonal, Summer, Charleston
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- GMG Guide To Palm Springs Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Activities, Travel Guide, California, Restaurants
- Fall In Boston Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Jumpsuit Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- A Day in Palm Springs Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Dresses, Shoes, Bags, Hotels, Travel Guide, California
- Passing Time In NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Gal On A Budget: 10 Tops Under $60 Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer, Fall
- A Day in Charlotte With Lela Rose Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall