We started off the 3rd morning of our New England trip in Bethlehem, New Hampshire just outside the White Mountains (I’ll be sharing soon). We stayed the night at a small B&B called Adair Country Inn, which was just as quaint and quirky as it looks! When we woke up, fog hovered above the ground and when we packed up the car later in the morning, it was still lingering, creating an eery but gorgeous sight over all the fall colored trees.
We set off on our drive to Woodstock, Vermont with plans of arriving by lunchtime, but we clearly got sidetracked with one too many stops along the way. How could you not? As we passed Moore Reservoir, we pulled over at the first chance we had because there was a strip of fog above the lake (see image above on the right), and beautiful hills of trees across the water. In the 10 minutes or so that we stopped the thick fog evaporated before our eyes, turning the calm water into a giant mirror. We initially had big coats on in the morning, hence this Burberry toggle coat, but by the time we ended up in Woodstock, the chill was replaced with a perfectly warm fall afternoon.
Woodstock was my favorite town we visited during our road trip through New England. We saw so many charming places but this one definitely took the cake. It’s actually picture perfect, every single house and shop and tree and river and Inn. I loved it all! I wish we would have stayed there for at least a night, but sadly we hadn’t known before hand. Thomas and I are definitely going to come back here and stay for a few days (maybe at the Woodstock Inn, which looks so cute) and check out more of the surrounding area. For lunch, we went to Village Butcher in town and got sandwiches, snacks and some pumpkin pie to-go and took it to the picnic tables down by the water.
This was the warmest day of the trip, so I was glad I packed some lighter things besides knit sweaters and coats. I bought this J.Crew skirt right before we left and really fell for its golden/honey shade. Thomas kept telling me how much he liked that color, so much that he wants to incorporate it into our new place. I found this wallpaper on Anthro, but I’m not sure if I could commit to something that bold. It is really pretty though.
On Interstate 91, on our way to Woodstock, we caught a glimpse of a narrow lake with lake houses on the edge. We scouted the map and found out how to get there. Lake Morey is what we had been envisioning our whole trip when we were looking for lakes, so when we saw it off in the distance, we had to see it closer. All four of us agreed that if we were to buy a cabin somewhere, this would be it. I would love to wake up every morning to this view. Put a good book in one hand and a hot cup of tea in the other and I’m in heaven.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Riding Boots For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Apple Picking In Vermont Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall, Activities
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Light Pink Loafers Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Bows, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, California, San Francisco, Restaurants
- Exploring the Cotswolds Posted in Julia's Style, food, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bows, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Hotels, Europe, Travel Guide, Restaurants
- Styling A Slip Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Bell Sleeve Top Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Winter
- Morning Canoe on Blueberry Lake Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Very Merry Holiday Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Jewelry