For our last leg of our time in Vermont, we stayed at a darling Airbnb that Thomas had found online. This quaint red farmhouse was set remotely in the woods, surrounded by a rainbow of foliage. On our way to our first night staying at the house, we stumbled across the Vermont Country Deli in Brattleboro, which is the “biggest” town nearby, but still 40 minutes from our spot on the border of Vermont and Massachusetts. Since we had our own kitchen, Rose and I made plans to wake up early the next morning and make a big, delicious breakfast.
The following morning we woke up to a cloud of thick mist surrounding the woods around the farmhouse. It created an almost dreamlike atmosphere that made us want to stay inside and cuddle up by the fire. Before the others were up, Thomas and I went out in our pjs to enjoy our tea on the porch and check out the surrounding property. We arrived to the house in the dark the night before, so it was all new to our morning eyes.
That morning we realized there was a picnic table in the front yard under the prettiest golden tree. The perfect spot for breakfast! We initially thought that the fog would die off by the time breakfast was ready, but when Thomas was flipping the last pancake, we soon realized we were wrong. But not wanting to stay inside, we still set up our feast out in the front. We made up for the dampness with blankets and hot drinks and snapping as many photos as we could in the shortest amount of time so that the pancakes didn’t get cold (I think there were only a few casualties).
We had a huge spread of cider donuts, fresh bread and jam, eggs (we later brought out) and a massive stack of pancakes. It also wouldn’t be a visit to Vermont without maple syrup, which we poured generously over our food. Even though it wasn’t the glowing morning we had previously thought we were going to have, it did make for the most memorable one of the trip. I would gladly wake up to this eery autumn morning with a good book and a hot drink over the average sunny day.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Tweed Fall Coat Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Morning Canoe on Blueberry Lake Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Riding Boots For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- That Fall Feeling Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Ring Of Kerry Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall In Boston Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Apple Picking Posted in Julia's Style
- 10 Items For The Perfect Fall Wardrobe Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Mount Tamalpais Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, Travel Guide, San Francisco