I’m wearing- Penfield Jacket (vest version here, also love this similar Patagonia one), J.Crew Vest, J.Crew Turtleneck, Current Elliott Jeans, Hunter Boots, Cable Socks, Krewe Sunglasses, Scarf (bought in Ireland, similar here)
When Thomas found out that our hotel had canoes that guests could use, he suggested that we find a nearby lake to bring them to at sunrise. We all couldn’t resist the idea of seeing the morning light slowly cast over the autumnal colored trees, so we all forfeited our desire to sleep in. And we were so glad we did because it was absolutely gorgeous! We might have woken up a *bit* too early, ehm 5am call time, since there was a mountain on the east side covering the sun until about 45 minutes after sunrise.
We found Blueberry Lake only 5 minutes from where we were staying, and by the looks of it online, it seemed perfect. Just big enough to get out on the water and surrounded 360 degrees by gorgeous fall foliage. We strapped the canoe to the top of our rental car and headed out in the dark, early misty morning. Rose and I bundled up in the car while the guys figured out how to get the canoe off, which wasn’t as easy as it looked (ha!). And once we could see a shimmer of the morning light, we joined them down by the water, only wishing we had brought an extra layer.
I knew it was going to be brisk out, but I definitely underestimated it. I recently bought one of these featherweight cashmere sweaters and ended up getting a few more colors. It’s the softest fabric and a perfect thickness for layering. I’m wearing the ‘pine forest’ shade but I also have ‘deep ember’ and ‘black’. I layered up over the top with this Penfield cozy fleece zip up jacket that also comes in a vest version with my J.crew vest underneath. It’s my go-to for early mornings and daytime adventures.
After the sun way high in the sky, and our fingers were too cold for any more canoeing, we piled back in the car and headed back to the hotel to defrost with some hot tea and pancakes. We were hitting the road again, heading to our next destination in New Hampshire, so we had to fuel up for the long day ahead.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Finding The Perfect Sweater For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- This Flower Farm Will Make You Want To Become A Flower Farmer Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Luxe Fabrics For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sunrise & Sunset on Lake Massawippi Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Styling A Slip Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Our Scotland Adventure Part 1. Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Summer In Ireland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Bags, Casual, Seasonal, Spring, Summer, Activities
- Diablo Lake Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Summer