It definitely doesn’t feel like fall here just yet in Charleston, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have all the cravings this season brings on- big cuddly scarves, baking at home, lots of plaid, extra candles and cinnamon topped on everything. In a few weeks we’ll be going on a road trip through New England to see the fall foliage and relish in all things autumn, something I’ve always wanted to do. We have some friends joining us and I’m really excited to see them and catch up, too! Today I’m looking back at some older fall style posts from the blog in preparation for our trip and sharing some of my favorite items that I’m buying this season (or want to buy!).
A plaid skirt is always the perfect piece for this time of year. Wear it bare legged if you live somewhere warm-ish, wear it with tights if you live somewhere cooler or wear it with knee high boots if you live somewhere in between. Basically, you can wear it anywhere. The one I’m wearing above (from this post) is an old one from Topshop, but I’ve found a few similar versions: this one that’s under $80, this Carven one, this textured red one and lastly, this plaid mini that’s under $60 and this one under $35 (that’s my fave of the list!).
The Stuart Weitzman Highland boots are my all time favorite OTK boots (I love the new walnut suede color), but if you’re looking for something a little more budget friendly, I found a few similar styles here, here, here and here. If are looking at the Stuart Weitzman boots, the 50/50 are my go-to flats boots, but the Lowland boots are also super chic over any jeans and with dresses.
Barbour is the quintessential jacket for fall. Last year, I bought this dusty rose one (as seen in this post) and this past Spring, I bought this one for our trip to Ireland. They’re the type of jacket that ends up being your best friend for years to come, as they only get better with age. The best selection of Barbour is over here, with this one, this one and this one as great options for fall since you can layer underneath as it gets cooler. Thomas also has this one (that’s currently on sale) that he wore almost every day in Ireland.
A pair of red flats are the perfect pop of color to go with all of the plaids, camel and navy in your fall wardrobe. Last year, I wore this lace up pair by Stuart Weitzman, but this season, I’m wanting these red loafers.
Transitioning some of my summer pieces is made easy with a simple sweater. I’ll layer one over a midi skirt (as seen in this post) or even over a dress (as in this post) to make them season appropriate. A few sweaters that are great for layering: this one, this one and this one.
The one item that seems to be the MVP of every fall wardrobe is a camel coat. I have this Vince one I got last year (seen here and here) but there are a handful of gorgeous options out right now like this one, this one, this one and this budget friendly one. I’m also a big fan of capes and love my camel one from Cuyana, as seen above, as well as this plaid one from Old Navy.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- A Classic Black & White Blazer Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Blazers For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 10 Items For The Perfect Fall Wardrobe Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Wearing Summer Dresses Into Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- 10 Plaid Pieces For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall