I just got back home from my trip to Florence with American Express and I had such a wonderful time! As good of a time as I was having with new friends in a favorite city of mine, I was so excited to get home. As I’m sure you’re aware, Hurricane Matthew rolled right through Charleston. We were lucky, very lucky, to come home to a house that was unaffected by the storm, especially since there are so many others who can’t say the same. We were really worried, especially after our Nest cam cut out when our house lost electricity around 1am on Friday night, but we were both out of harms way (Thomas with family in Columbia and me having had an already planned trip). Our hearts are with those who have been affected by the storm, all along the east coast, and especially those in Haiti who have seen the most devastating effects. It felt wrong to not at least give a little update before intro-ing today’s post, especially since it’s hitting so close to home here.
This is my last and favorite post from NYC! While I’m normally the one that finds restaurants to eat at and locations to shoot, on this day I had Thomas do the guiding. He found this cute cafe for breakfast called Tartine located in the West Village, not far from our hotel. We had some time to kill before our first event that day, so we enjoyed a small breakfast and tea before making our way to the Lela Rose show, which was my favorite from the week. I’ve always loved everything Lela does, but this collection in particular was right up my alley. The setting of the show was so creative too, instead of sitting along a runway like most shows, the show took place in a cafe where they served a light meal while the models walked by us. At the end, we all left with homemade biscotti and a list of dresses we couldn’t wait to order.
Thomas normally skips the shows whenever I go in and usually goes exploring or finds a nearby cafe to work at. When he was walking through SoHo he stumbled on Vesuvio Bakery. The line was out the door and people kept walking out with the most delicious looking salads and sandwiches, so we ended up going back once we met up after the Lela Rose show. We got a few different kinds of salads and cookies and then walked to a small park to sit down and enjoy our lunch and delicious treats. Honestly, it’s worth going just for the cookies- they’re amazing!
I wore this champagne colored Paule Ka dress with my favorite blush velvet pumps. I wore this dress back in August when we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary and was excited to bring it back out and shoot it this time around. I now have my eye on other pieces by Paule Ka after seeing a glimpse of the resort 2017 collection over on Moda Operandi.
You May Also Like
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Green Maxi Dress For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Signs of Fall in NYC Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- The Wide Leg Culotte Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Lace Mini Dress & My Favorite Bag For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- Ruffled Plaid Mini Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall