We couldn’t do our New England road trip without a proper trip to an apple orchard! So when we were staying at the charming farmhouse we had rented, we searched around for a few places nearby that were still open, but sadly many of the places we called were already out of apples for the season. Luckily, we stumbled upon one, Scott Farm Orchard, that still had enough apples to make it worth while. The four of us headed out to Brattleboro where Carly and Garrett were meeting us from Connecticut. I couldn’t wait for all of us to get together and do some serious apple picking!
We had originally planned for apple picking then lunch, but with the air thick of mist, we decided to wait it out and grab lunch in town first. We stopped at The Porch Too, which had a little bit of everything, to fuel everyone up and detract from the dreary weather. Afterwards, we hopped in our cars and headed back to the farm. By the time we got back, the weather started to clear slightly and the mist began to disappear, so things were looking up! Scott Farm Orchard is a Landmark Trust Property that was recommended to us in the guide in our Airbnb, which was also part of the Landmark Trust. It has a beautiful barn and a farm market which is mostly full of different types of apples and ciders.
Across the road and up a hill from the farm market sat the apple orchard. It was, in fact, mostly picked over but with our apple picker we were able to snag the best apples at the tops of the trees. What made this little excursion pretty special was the scenery around the orchards. Once the sky officially cleared up, the colors in the distance started to peep through in between the rows of apple trees. Everything was a little damp, but it made the crisp apples glisten and made us want to eat them right away.
The three of us all ended up matching a bit even though we never told each other what we were wearing. Carly had on the same vest as me, as well as this skirt and this shirt, while Rose wore this adorable gingham wrap top with these red Hunter boots. We all ended up coordinating even more after we bought matching shirts to commemorate our trip. Because, memories! We topped off the afternoon with one last round of cider and donuts before calling it a day.
You May Also Like
- Apple Picking Posted in Julia's Style
- Riding Boots For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sugarbush Farm Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Colors In Vermont Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall In Woodstock, Vermont Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Very Merry Holiday Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Jewelry
- Sail Away With Me Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Summer
- Tweed Fall Coat Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Morning Canoe on Blueberry Lake Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall