To me, the holidays are family time. No matter how spread out we all are, it’s the one time of year when we put our own schedules aside and make it just about family. Owning our first home brings a whole new level of excitement for this season, too. Even though our house is currently in transition period (we’re starting renovations at the beginning of the year, so decorating is on hold) and I would love for it to look perfect when we have everybody over, it’s not about that. It’s about spending time with loved ones. At the end of the day, your family and friends will remember the memories from those celebrations, not how chic your living room decor looked (even though I would love for it to look really chic, but it’s just not in our cards this year- ha!).
We’ll be spending Thanksgiving out in San Francisco with Thomas’s family this year and I know it will feel really good to celebrate there where everything will feel like we’re right at home. For Christmas, my family is coming out to Charleston and staying with us, which I’m so excited about! In between all of those, we’ll be having other friends and family coming over, so we’ve been trying to make our place feel somewhat cozy for the time being. I’m all about creating a cozy atmosphere, so that when people walk in, they feel like they’re home. I love getting dressed up, but there is something so nostalgic and comforting being all together in soft sweaters, jeans and big socks. We all bundle up on the couch, watching movies and eating tons of dessert. It’s the best, which is why I’ve teamed up with Express!
The other night, Thomas and I bought a pumpkin pie, made some hot chocolate and brought all of our softest blankets into the family room. I had this Express sweater on, which is the coziest piece to just lounge in along with these Express corduroy pants in a dark green shade. This is exactly the short of thing I’ll be wearing this year when celebrating the holidays with our family. Oh, and don’t forget a pair of extra warm socks and a big blanket scarf.
I also have this Express striped knit turtleneck which is just as perfect with jeans and sneakers as it is inside with sweatpants along with these Express silk jogger pants that basically feel like pajamas.
Thank you to Express for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- 10 Plaid Pieces For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Star Print PJs Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Home, Decor
- These Five Trends Will Still Be Going Strong This Fall 2017 Posted in Style, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Blazers For Fall Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Fall Colors In Charleston Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Seasonal, Fall, Charleston
- Sweater Weather Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- A Classic Black & White Blazer Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- You Will Fall In Love With This Cape I Wore In Scotland Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Sunrise & Sunset on Lake Massawippi Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Seasonal, Fall