Now that it’s November, the holiday parties have been rolling in. This is my favorite time of year and I love that everyone uses it as an excuse to get dressed up. Something I’m always for. So naturally, I’ve been glancing through all the new arrivals of party dresses and looks at Nordstrom, seeing if anything strikes my fancy. That’s when I spotted this dress. A little black dress that’s both feminine and sexy is exactly what was missing from my closet. When I zipped up this dress, I felt like a million bucks. It hugs in all the right places and fits like a glove. I actually loved it so much that I also ordered this one in red (which is currently on pre-order) for holiday parties in December.
We’ve all talked about the little black dress, but I think often times, when we’re actually shopping, it gets overlooked. At least that happens to me. I get distracted by color and prints and feathers and sparkle. The great thing about a fabulous lbd is that it’s a blank slate, but in the best way possible. You can transform it into whatever you want it to be, with the help of a few accessories. I know I’ll wear this Cinq A Sept one for years to come and look forward to styling it many, many ways.
I found a handful of other LBDs that are perfect for the holiday season. If you’re looking for something lace, this Eliza J one is under $160 and has the sweetest fit and flare style, this Vince Camuto one has a delicate scalloped hem and I love this Self Portrait dress. If you’re looking for something velvet, this one is stunning as well as this one that’s more affordable. I also think this off the shoulder bell sleeved one makes a statement while still being understated, while this ruffled hem one will take you through the whole season and beyond. And don’t forget, Nordstrom always has free shipping and returns.
This year, I chose a statement heel and these Manolo Blahnik pumps in emerald are a dream. I’ve always been a fan of the Hangisi pump, I actually have them in the flat version, and when I saw this color, I couldn’t get my mind off them. The green satin is in the most gorgeous shade and they’re sure to elevate any outfit to a whole new level.
GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED, Congrats to Cait Trainor! To kick off this holiday season, we’re going to be doing a series of giveaways for you, our amazing readers! They’ll be popping up at random- in blog posts, Instagrams, Snapchat (@galmeetsglam), Twitter and in our email newsletter. The first giveaway is a pair of these gorgeous Manolo Blahnik Hangisi Pumps. The winner will be able to choose any color of their choice (as long as the size is available), and they come in an array of gorgeous colors! All you have to do to enter is sign up for our email newsletter series here. And if you’re already signed up, then you’re already entered to win! For each giveaway, you’ll have 24 hours to enter. This one will end on Thursday, 11/10 at 12pm. One winner will be selected at random from our email list. Now the real question is, which color would you choose?
Thank you to Nordstrom & ShopStyle for sponsoring this post.
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- The Red Dress Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Dresses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter
- Fall Florals In Quebec City Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- Silk Dress & Sneakers Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Classic, Casual, Seasonal, Fall
- Styling A Slip Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall
- From Day to Date Night Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Summer
- Double Bows Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Dresses, Shoes, Bows, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Charleston
- Pink Peplum Posted in Julia's Style
- Navy Over The Knee Boots Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Accessories, Shoes, Classic, Seasonal, Fall
- Dressed Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Dresses, Classic, Dressy, Seasonal, Fall