Even though Thanksgiving is still two weeks away, I’ve been getting excited and planning out what I’m making, what I’m using as decor and what I’m wearing this year. We’ll be spending our holiday back in San Francisco and although we’re not having our Thanksgiving dinner at home, I’m still decorating the house and our table for the season. Even just a tiny bit of decor or single pumpkin scented candle gets me all excited and in the holiday spirit. So, in honor of the season, I thought I would share our tablescape for this year. Last year I went all out with flowers (remember our table filled with peonies from last year here) and used a lot of pink, corals and orange and decided to do something a little simpler this time around.
I didn’t go very far to find everything we needed for our table. It all started with a simple open weave table runner from Pottery Barn for our burl wood dining table. I knew I would be re-using our clear charger plates I bought last year as the base with our china, but I wanted an effortless and more neutral-tone center piece. So I took a handful of mixed pumpkins in white and orange and mixed them with unscented Santa Rosa candles in various heights and sizes. To bring a little green to the table, I added in fresh silver dollar eucalyptus leaves and weaved them through the candles and pumpkins.
The last touch was adding a small branch of fresh eucalyptus on each place setting. On our long console table in our dining room (where we usually place our large serving pieces), I piled up a few more pumpkins and squash and filled a tall vase with more fresh eucalyptus, which makes the whole room smell heavenly. I was surprisingly really happy with how it all turned out, especially since I thought I was going to have to order a bunch of stuff online to make the table come to life. Since we are hosting Christmas at our home this year, I’m planning on doing something similar but with fresh pine and berries come December.
I also recently bought this lace peplum top and matching pants from J.Crew in a beautiful blush color and knew it was the perfect holiday outfit. It’s dressy enough to feel put together for the holidays, but it’s still comfortable and relaxed for hanging out with the family. The pants actually have an elastic waist, which we all know is ideal after a Thanksgiving dinner.
Giveaway NOW CLOSED- Congrats to Gillian and Vanessa! Last week, I mentioned that we were going to be doing a series of giveaways this season, starting with these Manolo Blahnik pumps last week (Congrats to Cait, the winner!). Today I’m excited to announce our second giveaway, two $300 gift cards to Terrain. Terrain is one of my favorite home decor sites, especially for holiday decor! Last year, I ordered pretty much all of our Thanksgiving and Christmas pieces from there. It’s the same easy way to enter. All you have to do is sign up for our email newsletters here and if you’re already signed up, then you’re automatically entered! Giveaway will end at 12pm PST on 11/15. What would you get to dress up your home for the holidays?
P.S. Be sure to check my Instagram, Snapchat and email newsletter’s over the next couple of weeks as we give away more goodies- we have two more coming this week!
Shop the look
You May Also Like
- A Very Merry Holiday Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Jewelry
- Contributor Series: A Chic Fourth of July Table Posted in Home, Decor, Entertaining, Contributor Series
- Pink & Orange Thanksgiving Posted in Julia's Style, For the Home, Holiday
- Tablescape For The Holidays Posted in Holiday, Home, Decor, Entertaining
- Silk Top & Denim Skirt Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Pink, Accessories, Shoes, Bags, Sunglasses, Seasonal, Summer
- Front Porch Blues Posted in For the Home, Home, Decor, Entertaining
- What Our Team Is Thankful For This Thanksgiving Posted in Discussions
- Summer Spread Posted in Julia's Style, food, Style, Dresses, Summer, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Recipes
- Contributor Series: Mother’s Day Brunch In The Garden Posted in Julia's Style, Style, Dresses, Seasonal, Spring, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Essentials, Contributor Series