I love giving gifts. You may have heard me say it before, gifts are my love language. To me, finding the perfect gift for someone helps me show my appreciation for them. The “perfect gift” often has very little to do with the price tag of the item, instead it’s about finding and gifting something that has sentimental value. A framed photo or framed artwork is an easily overlooked gift idea especially with shiny new things that are launched seemingly everyday. Awhile back, I remember receiving my very first Framebridge photo as a gift, a photo of Thomas and me in Napa. It’s one of my favorite gifts I’ve received (as a couple you have to cherish those rare times you get a great photo together, am I right?). The joy that seeing this photo brings to me each day stuck with me and gave me the idea to gift our loved ones framed photos from Framebridge for the holidays.
We came up with a few ideas for my parents, Thomas’s parents, my sister Lauren, Thomas’s brother and our great friend’s Carly and Garrett. For my parents, I framed a photo Thomas took of my younger sister and brother at my brother’s graduation (he’s away at college now in Montana) and we framed it in the Augusta distressed black frame. We framed two large photos we took in Big Sur (McWay Falls and Bixby Bridge) as a gift for Thomas’s parents that are settling into their new home in Monterey. They are both matching in the beautiful Georgetown antiqued gold frame. For my sister, I got her a photo of her and her boyfriend from a trip we all took together earlier this year to Napa and framed it in the Hudson black beaded frame. For the past couple of months she’s been living in Ireland with her boyfriend, but now that she’s back home she won’t see him for awhile. My brother and sister-in-law recently had their first baby, a little girl named Riley, whom we got to meet right before we moved to Charleston. We gifted them a beautiful black and white photo of her sleeping and framed it in the Mercer Slim. Finally, we picked out a favorite travel photo of ours, a group picture from a trip to Ireland, to gift to Carly and Garrett in the Providence frame.
While we were ordering for our family and friends we took advantage of Framebridge’s mail-in option to have two new and special pieces framed that we received as gifts. One was a watercolor painting my sister painted of Boone Hall Plantation. We chose this Sonoma wood frame for this one and I love how it turned out. The other was a painting done on canvas of our new home done by local painter Laurie Meyer, which was a gift from our realtor, which we had done in the Valencia floater frame. We have also had previous artwork in our home done by Framebridge, like this one that we brought with us from San Francisco. After we saw how all of these great gifts turned out I’m full of ideas for our house, good thing we have plenty of walls in our place!
Make sure to take advantage of the special offer that Framebridge has created for GMG readers. Until 12/1/2016 you can use the code: GALMEETSGLAM15 to get 15% off your next Framebridge order. With Framebridge’s already great prices, super simple process and this special deal there’s almost no reason why you can’t check off at least one name on your list this holiday season.
Thank you to Framebridge for sponsoring this post.
You May Also Like
- Chocolate For Christmas Posted in Holiday, Home, Decor, Entertaining
- Our Bedroom Posted in For the Home, Home, Decor, Essentials
- Holiday Gift Guide: For The Home Posted in For the Home, Holiday Gift Guide, Holiday
- Our Guest Room Posted in For the Home, Home, Decor
- Birchbox Beauty Gifting Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday Gift Guide, Holiday, Beauty, Makeup, Holiday, Gifts
- A Very Merry Holiday Prep Posted in Julia's Style, Travel, Holiday, Style, Accessories, Shoes, Casual, Dressy, Seasonal, Winter, Activities, California, Home, Decor, Entertaining, Jewelry
- Star Print PJs Posted in Julia's Style, Holiday, Style, Casual, Seasonal, Winter, Home, Decor
- Birchbox Gifting- Treat Yourself Posted in Julia's Style, Beauty Tips, Holiday Gift Guide, Holiday, Beauty, Hair, Makeup, Skin, Holiday, Gifts
- Front Porch Blues Posted in For the Home, Home, Decor, Entertaining